the faceless

{-sapob-}

Dec 17, 2008
Anyone else here like them?

I have only heard one track from their newest album, but instantly went and ordered it.
Mostly because i was on a Ebay spree at the time, but i still liked em enough to spend money.

The Faceless are excellent. The latest album 'Planetary Duality' is probably one of the best albums I've heard come out of the (tech death metal) genre. I also saw them live a couple of months back when the 'Summer Slaughter' tour came to New Zealand. Really young guys too, I think the oldest member is around 22, which makes them all the more impressive.

definitely, they are completely sick..Opeth is my all time fav. band, but the faceless are my current fling....and are sure to be in my top roster for years to come whether they keep releasing records or not...both albums are fascinating...

^ If you're saying that technical skills are not part of musicianship you're pretty wrong tbh. If you've got feeling etc doesn't matter if you can't convey it through your instrument. The guys in The Faceless obviously know how the fuck to play their instruments, and can therefore produce the sounds they like. If you don't like their songs, that's a matter of taste. Musicianship is about being able to express yourself through your instrument. I'm quite convinced that The Faceless are pretty fucken able to do just that.

^ If you're saying that technical skills are not part of musicianship you're pretty wrong tbh. If you've got feeling etc doesn't matter if you can't convey it through your instrument. The guys in The Faceless obviously know how the fuck to play their instruments, and can therefore produce the sounds they like. If you don't like their songs, that's a matter of taste. Musicianship is about being able to express yourself through your instrument. I'm quite convinced that The Faceless are pretty fucken able to do just that.

Agreed,
Honeslty I dont know how someone can deny them that.