THE GOOD OLE WRASSLIN' THREAD

Arguably the best one-liner in wrestling history.

"If you put the letter 'S' in front of Hitman, you've had my exact opinion of Bret Hart." - Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Yeah, bad time for a switch to WWF in my opinion. WWF was awesome up until 1998/1999 roughly. Whilst I'm not a big fan of the attitude era itself, the transformation from the New Gen era into the Attitude era was really entertaining. The action in the ring was still the centrepiece, but the company was trying some really out-there, edgy stuff in response to the WCW/nWo storyline. Such as the Austin/Pillman gun segment. If anything, they dialled it back once they started murdering WCW in the ratings & it became more juvenile than ever.

Conceived by Dartmouth's own Jason Eisener with Evan Husney, each episode follows, 30 For 30-style, a veteran wrestler including Bret Hart, Randy "Macho Man" Savage and The Fabulous Moolah.

Has anybody watched this mini docu-series about wrestling by the guy that made Hobo with a Shotgun? Looks fucking sweet, and it's on SBS so I'll be watching it soon myself.

Reactions: Bourbon

Has anybody watched this mini docu-series about wrestling by the guy that made Hobo with a Shotgun? Looks fucking sweet, and it's on SBS so I'll be watching it soon myself.

Oh yeah, I've watched the episodes on Macho Man and Elizabeth, The Montreal Screwjob, and Bruiser Brody. All excellent and worth watching. Looks like they've put the episodes on Hulu now so I'm going to check out the rest soon.

I read somewhere they were going to be doing an episode on Benoit in the future, as well.

Reactions: CiG
Guess this is kind of old news but just heard about Animal from the Road Warriors/Legion of Doom passing away back in September. Road Warriors were the best. Hard to believe Hawk died like 17 years ago.

YjPTaLG.jpg

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity