The Horror Movie thread

I'm quite a fan of "... of the dead" series. I watch at least one of the movies per week.
And... To put the nail in the "Cannibal holocoust" coffin, lemme put it this way:
1st time - quite disgusted - watched a few random scenes. The turtle was fucked up.
2nd time - intriged. Watched the whole movie. I was like - whoa. Fucked up, brutal. Thumbs up.
3rd time - average. Just watched the best bookmarked gory parts and started watching "The birth of a nation" - yep, the black and white silent film. Now that was a bit disturbing, at least more than Cannibal Holocaust.
4th and to infinity - meh. Whenever I have my drunkard friends over, I just put on the best bookmarked parts and watch their reactions - the same way you do, when you show someone "2 girls 1 cup".

Thats my two cents in the pot.

Same here!
I fall asleep to a Friday movie (on the average) once a week, but some weeks I will watch one every night. I just cycle through them from 1-10 + FvJ and start at the beginning again when I finish. Nightmare on Elm street movies sometimes get rotated in as well, but Jason has always been my favorite.

Ahah, i've gone on plenty couple week binges of Friday movies, and each time I thought my wife was going to kill me with a sharp kitchen utencil. Speaking of which, new one hits dvd soon here.

Really? Did you like any of Raimi's old work, then? I don't see how you'd be able to like Evil Dead 1 and 2 (which most people do like) and not at least enjoy Drag Me to Hell much less hate it as much as you seem to have.

Oh well...proof that that anything can be hated by someone.

Honestly I can say I dislike 99% of horror movies, especially the cheap ones. I like my movies to look and feel expensive (Not just graphics, good acting also) and Drag Me To Hell sure didn't have that. Justin Long played his part well but the girl was horrible.

And no, I havent seen the Evil Dead films. I'm more of a thriller person when it's done properly, 1408 is still my favorite movie for the genre right now. For horror I'm not sure what my favorite is... maybe the new Friday The 13th.

Honestly I can say I dislike 99% of horror movies, especially the cheap ones. I like my movies to look and feel expensive (Not just graphics, good acting also) and Drag Me To Hell sure didn't have that. Justin Long played his part well but the girl was horrible.

And no, I havent seen the Evil Dead films. I'm more of a thriller person when it's done properly, 1408 is still my favorite movie for the genre right now. For horror I'm not sure what my favorite is... maybe the new Friday The 13th.

Ah, okay...well I can't fault you there, then. It would have been way worse if you loved Evil Dead 1 and 2 and then hated this. Then I would have seriously had to grill you as to why the fuck you don't like it. ;)

Different tastes are different tastes, though. :D

dead_and_buried.jpg

Drag Me To Hell was the worst movie I've seen in a long time :rolleyes:

I'm going to see it just because of Alison Lohman.

im obssesed with horror movies
some of my favorites
Halloween-original
Day of the Dead
Zombi
Amityville Horror
Splinter
Friday the 13th part 2
Alligator
The Omen
Cujo
Planet Terror
The Thing
Creepshow
The Beyond
The Blob remake
The Fog
John Carpenters Vampires
Dog Soldiers
Chopping Mall
Tourist Trap

i am a Michael Myers fan and i love zombie movies

If you dont like cheap movies, I suppose you wont like the Evil Dead series... they're very cheaply made but amazing for what they are. 1 and 3 are my favorites... 2 just bothered me... especially when they brought into focus what had been rushing at everyone in the dark all those times.

The movies are so great though... they start with Bruce Campbell being the little whimpy guy who somehow manages to survive... he recieves inhuman beatings throughout... but by about half way through the third one, he's a full fledged demon slaying badass hero.

hahaha. That movie is so horribly funny. If it had been legitimately made in the last 10 years it'd be considered comedy genius. There are indeed worse movies though. Zombiez, and ankle biters come to mind...

Ankle biters is about midget vampires. What little plot there is, consists of midget vampires using a decorative sword to try and bring back the "big vampires" that went extinct leaving only the midget variant. The hero is like if Blade was a geeky white guy with a grasshopper stuck in his vocal chords. In Ankle Biters, injecting a vampire with vampire blood (yes that's no typo) kills them. I watched it about 4 times in a row once while really really drunk on mead and high as fuck. The VCR rewinds itself automatically what can I say....