The least depressing Katatonia song?

Jinn said:
What about Clean Toady? it's about starting over and washing your grievances away.
I don't know where you're from, but to me, clean today obviously depicts the "helgsupande" in sweden in all its tragic. "Helgsupande" meens weekend drinking, and is pretty typical for sweden. The weeks are grey and pale and then the weekends are pretty much about getting wasted and temporarly forgeting all the worries of life. I would say it's a pretty tragic habbit, although I usually attend to it.

Musically, Wealth captures both a chaotic state and a serene, as accepting atmosphere, none of which is really depressing. Although the lyrics ARE, quite.
Even Jonas said it's a moshing song :p.

L0bster said:
I don't know where you're from, but to me, clean today obviously depicts the "helgsupande" in sweden in all its tragic. "Helgsupande" meens weekend drinking, and is pretty typical for sweden. The weeks are grey and pale and then the weekends are pretty much about getting wasted and temporarly forgeting all the worries of life. I would say it's a pretty tragic habbit, although I usually attend to it.

Thats what I thought as well, but I was not aware of it as a Swedish tradition of sorts. Thanx for the insight.
Bless you, you crazy Swedes. ;)

L0bster said:
ah, well, that would do it. forgive the american :)

Deliverance6 said:
What do you think is the most upbeat/least depressing/hopeful song by Katatonia?
I was gonna have it as "the happiest Katatonia song" but that makes no sense. This is going to be harder than the most depressing Katatonia song thread.

KATATONIA does not depress me, it inspires me to go further, gives me real,tangible feelings that,on this respect, puts them way ahead of any other band.

I can (for the most part) agree with that. I think I tend to live my depression vicariously through them, therefore not feeling it so hardcore on a day to day basis. And then there are days in which I need to be with the music and be depressed, ya know- so I dont kill people.

Discouraged_Tom said:
For me it will be probably "We Must Bury You". It doesn't give me sad/depressed emotions when I listen to it so I pick this one. Though it's great song and it is, I wouldn't say happy, but different from the whole atmosphere on "LFDGD".

I don't feel depressive about this song either. Lyrics aren't so sad and the music is some kind of electronic. There is nothing wrong about the song. It's just that it doesn't feel depressive.

ciccio pas. said:
KATATONIA does not depress me, it inspires me to go further, gives me real,tangible feelings that,on this respect, puts them way ahead of any other band.
oh yes the same for me!

Ciccio pas.= ciccio pasticcio?:)