The most beautiful song you've heard

I'd choose something from Enigma or Enya, but since I can't point out anything specific, I'll say

Queen - Who Wants To Live Forever

Ricky Martin - "Perdido sin Ti" (I can' t live without you)

makes me feel like this ----> :deb: (hehe jk:lol: :lol: )

I started thinking this more thoroughly, and realised all the songs I consider beautiful are also saddening.

Anyways, Spanish acoustic guitar tunes, like stuff from Alberniz and Tarraga, that's beautiful music. And classical compositions.

Well, it depends a lot on my current mood, but some of the following are possible:

-November Rain (by Guns 'n Roses)
-Through Ebony Archways (by Dark Tranquillity)
-In Motion #1 (by The Gathering)
-Ruoste (by CMX)
-Siren of the Woods (by Therion)
-Epiloque (by you-all-know-who)

-Villain

Tindersticks - My Sister; Another Night In (or anything from the Curtains album)

Hans Zimmer - Your So Cool (From the True Romance soundtrack, used this as our wedding song)

Opeth - To Bid You Farewell

Jethro Tull - Reasons for Waiting

Well, I'll give you ONE guess who the band is.

Picking one song is like asking for a miracle. I really do believe that every song they've come out with has so much beauty in it. I can say that Dirge... is very sad in a beautiful way, even though it's a receipt for suicide. Still Life has a lot of beautiful acoustic passages I love.

Lynn

Plyng: I would outrun the schythe, glearing with failure.

hmm

shitface i dont remember half the awesome shit i hear... what a waste...
well - Sonata Arctica - Tallulah , that fucking song is ahhhh
and various pink floyd songs.......
and shit lots of dream theater is awesomely beautiful too....
Dream theater - peruvian skies

ok then..
oh yea metallica...

heh,

yeah that whole surfacing album by her is great.

Enya has been mentioned but no particular song.

Here's a few I like by her a lot: "China Roses" "Exile" and "On your Shore" (the last two *made* the movie "LA Story with Steve Martin, imo)

And another song I find beautfiul is Fiona Apple's cover of the Beatles song, "Across the Universe"

hmm, I tend not to think of death metal songs when I think of beauty for some reason as the songs I like here fall in the category of "awesome" Metal songs are too enegetic to be "beautiful" in the sense of "beautiful" you know? There's a logic somewhere in that statement (though Opeth is the only band that comes to mind who is the exception to the above rule. No wonder they're my favorite band :D )

Peace

Originally posted by godmachine12
Sarah Mclachlan-"Angel"

By far the most beautiful song I have ever heard.
Yesterday I heard Angel again for the first time in ages, and I was completely bawling by the end of it.

Another one that gives me goosebumps: Shrink by The Gathering -- last song on Nighttime Birds. Oh man, her vocal harmonies are just chilling.

a few more songs I must mention that I find "beautiful"

"Eternal Flame" by the Bangles

"Snow on the Sahara" by Angunn

and the cover of "Stars" by Lacuna Coil

Something by Don Ross (canadian guitarist) - he's phenomenal. I've never heard one guitar put out more emotion - sounds like he has three hands (and that's one of his album/song titles). The album "Passion Sessions," recorded in this acoustically perfect church somewhere in Germany is brilliant. I think the full title is "Narada Masters of the Acoustic Guitar: Don Ross, Passion Sessions" though I could be wrong. There ARE mp3s, and I want everyone to hear this stuff, so if you can't find any, let me know. I've got a bunch. But then go buy his albums :D

Epilogue :)

A Warm Place by NIN (if you listen VERY carefully, he says something like "the best part about life is knowing you put it together"... it's difficult to discern)... just gorgeous.. takes you places..

I'm sure there are more.. something off the Dead Man Walking soundtrack, or maybe anything by Nusrat Ali Fateh Kahn (sp?) - Taboo off Natural Born Killers, for example.

Sometimes I think there's just so much beauty in music.. that I can't take it.

:loco: