The new album?

wtf, since when is this forum reopened? :)

new album seems great but it's too soon to speak :)

mix of the old sound with the newer one. Lots of screams on this one :)

btw who is the girl that sings in nascence?

zenith is omg and i don't know why but it has a melody that reminds me of another novembre song (don't remember which one)

wtf, since when is this forum reopened? :)

new album seems great but it's too soon to speak :)

mix of the old sound with the newer one. Lots of screams on this one :)

btw who is the girl that sings in nascence?

zenith is omg and i don't know why but it has a melody that reminds me of another novembre song (don't remember which one)

that's all what I was going to say :D

allright, now i know which song zenith reminded me :) there's some come pierrot lyrics and melodies nearly the end of the song. Brilliant moment!

Yeah the album is like a mix of Materia and old stuff (wish../dreams). Materia without so many hooks and more cool atmosphere and interesting parts.

Only had one listen but it already made an impression.

Think I will listen to this one more than I did with Materia.

The songs are pretty similiar, though they're very great
this takes a couple of weeks to get into.
but Zenith is such a amazing song! drumwork is fantastic and the flute so cute :')

you're right, Zenith has some melody from Come Pierrot (from Novembrine Waltz), also the line Carmelo says it's from that song: "It seemed so long and shining bright":)

I agree with recordable when he says the songs seem pretty similar, indeed the first time i listened to the whole album it seemed to me like a one huge song :p anyway i've to say that now, after several listenings each of them have something special and it's different from the other ones, i think this is gonna be my favourite album with novembrine waltz:headbang:

P.S.
speaking about tracks, my favourite is Bluecracy, but i reallt like them all.

Yeah, 'Zenith''s got the same verses as 'Come Pierrot' in the final part and is one of the most beautiful episodes from 'The Blue'. In fact I had been warned by a friend to pay attention to this song.

And yeah, there are a lot of screaming and growling vox on the new record, much more than on 'Materia'. But even a lot of clean ones. It's just a pity, in my opinion, that there is almost any Italian verse, that was something great on 'Materia'.

Musically sounds much more technical, reminds me of works of art such as 'Novembrine Waltz' (AENEMIA in the opening sounds like DISTANCES, great the final solo - or ARCHITHEME, reminds of CHILD OF THE TWILIGHT) and 'Classica' (TRISTE ITALIANA - sounding like KatatoniA too, Dance of Decembers Soul era - and the melody in the final is very Italian melodic style, trust me), but even 'Arte Novecento' (COBALT OF MARCH - reminds me of WILL).

The female vocalist sounds like the one from Oblivo, but I'm not sure. Her name should be Francesca, but I've just heard a couple of songs with her and yeah, did you hear the song by Oblivio performed together with Carmelo? Something you must really listen to and read the beautiful lyrix! The song is called 'DISTANT MEMORIES'.

The drumming is absolutely grand, but even all the guitars. Another masterpiece. But can't wait to have the original cd in hand with lyrix and so forth.

The female vocalist sounds like the one from Oblivo, but I'm not sure. Her name should be Francesca, but I've just heard a couple of songs with her and yeah, did you hear the song by Oblivio performed together with Carmelo? Something you must really listen to and read the beautiful lyrix! The song is called 'DISTANT MEMORIES'.

maybe i'm off topic, but Oblivio uploaded distant memories on their myspace page,check it out!

probably.. though they have the same producer (Mikko Karmila) and they recorded the album in Finland.. I think
well hardly it's her..

Hi all, hope you guys are well. Nice to see the new/old forum and lots of familiar nicks! :)

I'm still listening to the record very carefully, it's so complex and "progressive" and I need time to completely understand it. Anyway, I love "Bluecracy", "Architheme", "Iridescence" and "Zenith" at the moment.

Great album! More growls, and awesome guitar work. Zenith is sweet, but I would have prefered a real brass section, instead of a fake flute. -Anyways, could be a great idea when they play this song live.- :cool:
I want a vynil version of this next release.

Amazing album, Novembre has composed and recorded it in one year ??? or some songs are composed years ago ?

Materia was a masterpiece, and The Blue is at least as good. Novembre never ends to amaze me :loco:

Amazing album, Novembre has composed and recorded it in one year ??? or some songs are composed years ago ?

Last year Carmelo told me that they had some rough material left from the Materia songwriting process. I guess the stuff on the new album is something like 70% new and 30% "old".