The Official Band/Project/Whatever (yours or anyones) Promotion Thread

www.myspace.com/ryandingess

The last song, Birth of the Shadows, is a very SX-ish song that I did with another DT forum member as an online collaboration. Cool stuff...check it out. The other tracks are parts of Jens Johansson tunes that I did some soloing over.

Edit: hehe...me and Matt both have Southpark pictures of ourselves in the myspace links. :cool:

Matt, I don't know if the guy who played keyboards for you on that stuff is permanently with you or not, but in any case, I'll offer myself as available for recording if you ever need someone to record keyboard tracks for you.

Liquid Shadow said:
Matt, I don't know if the guy who played keyboards for you on that stuff is permanently with you or not, but in any case, I'll offer myself as available for recording if you ever need someone to record keyboard tracks for you.

He's pretty permanent, cause actually I programmed those keys myself ;). My album isn't very keyboard heavy, just some background synth stuff. But I have contacted someone about doing a keyboard solo on two songs already. Thanks for the offer tho :)

Mr. Liquid Shadow (a.k.a. Ryan) and I have both posted an instrumental excerpt of our song Escape in our myspace profiles. Check out mine at www.myspace.com/everdream or just look back a few posts and Ryan's is right there. It's only about 6 and a half minutes of it, the final recording (to be started in the next few weeks, along with other songs) should weigh in at a little under eleven minutes, unless we choose to cut it down a bit to make it a better instrumental, at least until we can record vocals.

Enjoy!

OK...mainly I'm doing you guys a favor by bumping up this thread, thanks to the influx of misplaced threads.

Note to Jax: Maybe this should be pinned?

But I am also including a ROUGH DRAFT of something I'm working on...or intend to restart whenever I get the time.

This is another DT cover--but THANK GOD! much better suited to my voice. I chose "Vacant", and I'm in the process of re-arranging it. This first attempt was pretty much improvised. I may try to do something a bit more "formalized" at another time.

http://www.onlinerock.com/musicians/immortalrose//vacant--rough_draft.mp3

Just so you know I am aware of the mis-timings and off-key accidents, but I do think that a future version of this could be cool.

@ShredManWalking: I listened through the album once and liked what I heard. I'll listen to it more tomorrow. Track 8 was linked up wrong on your website though I think.

@Rose Immortal: That was very beautiful - your voice is really nice and the harmonisation gave it a really cool haunting feel.

Aww...thanks. :)

I'll be cleaning up that harmony, though, and try actually playing some parts out on my keyboard and rehearsing them beforehand whenever I do a "remake" of the remake. ;)

LaBrie is a vocalist that I like because...well, with his soft ballads, I feel good singing along.

And Rod Tyler, too...seriously, this is NOT a slam against him. Gawd, I LOVE singing "Shades of Grey". Maybe someday I'll end up having a go at that one, too. :)

Rose Immortal said:
LaBrie is a vocalist that I like because...well, with his soft ballads, I feel good singing along.
And you don't like SFAM? Surely Through Her Eyes and The Spirit Carries On are right up your street. I love Through Her Eyes.

I actually remembered noticing a few songs on there that to me were much different from the rest..."The Spirit Carries On" was one of them. I don't remember "Through Her Eyes" anywhere near as well. Even if that CD goes, I will definitely be burning "The Spirit Carries On" so I never have to part with that one.

metalizer said:
My band Transparent have just launched a new website where you can download 5 songs (2 fullength and 3 samples) all songs will be available as fullength songs within the next couple of months (i will let you know) i hope you will dig the songs. Metalizer go to www.transparent-metal.com

Yeah! I like your The Haunted, Dew Scented style. You guys have listened The Haunted right?

kazahana said:
@ShredManWalking: I listened through the album once and liked what I heard. I'll listen to it more tomorrow. Track 8 was linked up wrong on your website though I think.

@Rose Immortal: That was very beautiful - your voice is really nice and the harmonisation gave it a really cool haunting feel.

Thank you, I'm honored. I'll have Geek (Ernie, our guitar player/website moderator) fix the link.