The Official Good Television Thread

Rome was on Tubi, so I gave that a rewatch. Still holds up, fantastic show. Attia of the Julii is doing the same shit in Bridgerton all these years later

Finished the first season of The Bear too. Pretty good show, think it went hectic just a bit too far for my taste, but the direction of the final episodes gives me hope it's not going to be some combo or uncut gems / shameless / never ending trouble and drama show etc etc

Latest episode of Better Call Saul was awesome. Kinda have a feeling where the show is headed for its finale.

Also
that scene where he calls Kim from a payphone but it cuts to an outside shot and you can only see him shouting on the phone and then he slams it down and kicks the glass out. I wonder what he said. Did he even talk to Kim? Is she dead and he just got told? Mysterious.

I'm five episodes into The Old Man and just finished the second episode of Black Bird. Television series' which are well written and well acted. Poignant to see Ray Liotta in one of his final roles in Black Bird, plus Taron Edgerton is doing very well. The Old Man is certainly changing up some of what you would expect in a cat and mouse situation. At first I thought, they had messed it up but it is working slowly. People will understand once they watch it.

Man, in my opinion The Old Man went to absolute shit after episode 3. What a promising start, only for the show to drag HARD with some absolutely ATROCIOUS dialogue. The dialogue became so unnatural, especially for the female characters. I finally tapped out in the middle of the penultimate episode.

Black Bird has been great though. Apple TV has really been doing a good job. Severance is for sure the top TV show this year in my book. There's definitely concerns that it will go the Westworld route and have a killer first season and fumble the follow-up, but I'm gleefully optimistic.

The Old Man is awesome when it's doing the action, but yeah the plot and dialogue is off-putting. I'm like 4 eps in and struggling to continue caring.

Man, in my opinion The Old Man went to absolute shit after episode 3. What a promising start, only for the show to drag HARD with some absolutely ATROCIOUS dialogue. The dialogue became so unnatural, especially for the female characters. I finally tapped out in the middle of the penultimate episode.

Black Bird has been great though. Apple TV has really been doing a good job. Severance is for sure the top TV show this year in my book. There's definitely concerns that it will go the Westworld route and have a killer first season and fumble the follow-up, but I'm gleefully optimistic.
I do agree that they could have included more action scenes. Black Bird is still the standout between the two shows. So poignant to see Ray Liotta portraying an unwell character. He does it exceedingly well. Just waiting for the final episode to come out. The scenes between Egerton and Hauser are chilling.

I'm still trying to bring myself to finish off the last episode of Netflix's Resident Evil series. It is unbelievably bad lol!

I'm still trying to bring myself to finish off the last episode of Netflix's Resident Evil series. It is unbelievably bad lol!

this shit started playing after a movie a few days ago and I didn’t even realize it was RE. Literally could have been any faceless horror tv show and I couldn’t tell the difference. Totally soulless shit.

reminds me I pretty much hate horror related tv shows. I’d rather it be Ash vs Evil Dead or even Stan Against Evil any fucking day.

Reactions: AbelTim
this shit started playing after a movie a few days ago and I didn’t even realize it was RE. Literally could have been any faceless horror tv show and I couldn’t tell the difference. Totally soulless shit.

reminds me I pretty much hate horror related tv shows. I’d rather it be Ash vs Evil Dead or even Stan Against Evil any fucking day.
The script is so lazy it is quite astonishing. The most recent film Resident Evil: Welcome to Racoon City, was pretty faithful to the first two games. They should let that run a bit more. The new tv series though is a pathetic reboot and Lance Reddick really let himself down being in it in my opinion.

Wholeheartedly agree. I know some people didn't like the "Nippy" episode but I am loving the direction of this final season and I think everything since the midseason premiere has been in 9/10 or even 10/10 territory.

I love that the series is wrapping up with what's essentially a 4-episode epilogue. This is something sorely lacking in television, where most shows save their big resolutions for the final hour and leave little time for reflecting on what happens to characters beyond the apparent conclusions of their arcs. Breaking Bad had El Camino I guess but I thought it was kinda fanservicey and lame.

And yeah, that was an incredible crying performance in the last episode, and with nothing else in the scene to play off of. Seehorn owns.