The official WORKOUT thread

Life Sucks

and then you die
Dec 30, 2002
Die bitch die!!!!!
Visit site
Big Dave, and the other gym fanatics, lets talk about working out here. MODS, please do not lock this, since it is in the SOCIAL forum, and it may very well prevent other threads being cluttered up with workout talk.

Well, at the moment, I have a nagging pain in my right shoulder (think my rotator cuff is injured in some way), so I've been laying off military press, and taking it easy on pressing movements in general. Other than that, I set some pbs, doing pullups with 115 lbs on my weightbelt, and repping with 335 on bench.

brutal session yesterday on squats

did

10 reps - 135
10 reps - 185
9 reps - 225
9 reps - 245
8 reps - 265
4 reps - 285

then relaxed for 5 minutes and did

195 - 15 reps
155 - 15 reps

it was fucking awesome :kickass:

brutal session yesterday on squats

did

10 reps - 135
10 reps - 185
9 reps - 225
9 reps - 245
8 reps - 265
4 reps - 285

then relaxed for 5 minutes and did

195 - 15 reps
155 - 15 reps

it was fucking awesome :kickass:
That's a lot of sets of squats. I usually do four. Admittedly, I find it hard to rep with high weight on squats if I go atg (which I usually like to do), because I have really long legs in proportion to my body, and they are my most lagging bodypart. They are lagging purely due to genetics, since I probably work them harder than any other muscle in my body.

That's a lot of sets of squats. I usually do four. Admittedly, I find it hard to rep with high weight on squats if I go atg (which I usually like to do), because I have really long legs in proportion to my body, and they are my most lagging bodypart. They are lagging purely due to genetics, since I probably work them harder than any other muscle in my body.

that's all I did yesterday

went in there for nearly an hour and a half and was absolutely wiped out.

Being the scrawny little shit that I am, I just made working out a routinely thing about two weeks ago. This is probably the wrong place to be asking but do you guys have any tips for starting out?

ATTENTION N00BS

read the stickies on the site that I am about to give you http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=30&f=10

general tips

- workout hard
- get a reasonable diet
- get appropriate rest
- workout all the muscles
- challenge yourself but still have perfect form on everything
- ease yourself into working out, don't try to do too much
- consistently aim for strength gains, they are crucial

you should lose fat and gain muscle right away, seeing results in a few months assuming all of the above

for future reference, I can give you guys more specific advice if you give me your age, height/weight, what shape you are in, and what your goals are (whether short or long term).

im 19 about 120-123 5"5

heres my pic....

238622796_l.jpg

I'm 17 and around 150 lbs. I'm not in the greatest shape ever. I'll get back to you on my goals.

So today I benched. Twas fun. I did

5 reps: 135
8 reps: 225
7 reps: 225
2 reps: 300.

Kinda sucky but I didn't have a spotter and didn't want to kill myself or burn out too much.

Then I did other assorted chest stuff. I had a game today but it got rained out.

working out >>> cardio

most people who lose alot of weight through cardio also lose a considerable amount of muscle mass. On the other side, if you gain some muscle mass, you naturally burn way more calories (the more muscle you have the more calories you burn)

I would suggest some sort of a reasonable workout routine + cardio 2-3 times a week. Try to make the cardio at least moderately intense, and diet is ofcourse crucial for losing any weight. (eat somewhat healthy and try to go to bed every night hungry but still eat 4-6 times a day). Eating 4-6 times a day makes your metabolism ALOT faster than 2-3 times a day.

Yesterday I skipped rope for 15 minutes(only daily cardio I do), I did 55's on each side of the bar so that is 145 pounds I think? I did 3 sets of 5 for that. I think I need to lose 5-10 pounds but I don't know, I've went from 153 in December to 163 now and I'm not sure what the weight is, so I'm seriously considering cutting down a little more. I'd like to go on a big protein diet where I eat healthy food and eat tons of protein, but I just can't stop drinking Mellow Yellows and eating typical food like burgers, fries, pizza, bacon, eggs, cheese, ice cream, etc.junk. etc..
But I have gotten stronger since I started, I was struggling with 25's on the bench and in a couple months I increased 30 pounds on each side. Big Dave what do yuo think I should do?
5'10 163, you've seen my pic I'm sure.