The Opeth Collector's Thread

this is true those still day test press' always go for high value when you see them i dont actually think ive ever seen one on ebay i have seen the grey press but not the test press

Just got my Watershed Collector's Edition.

So it is at the moment like this:

GR Collectors'
WS Collectors'
Blackwater Park
Deliverance
Damnation
Lamentations
Roundhouse

What are the "holy grail" of Opeth collectors items? I mean the rarest of the rare... The Orchid promo I'd assume and their first demos which I doubt anyone here has ever even seen.

That is a good question, Ozzloaf! I believe that the "Orchid" promo and their first demos don't exist, at least that is what other collectors have mentioned here earlier. But you should never say never... :) I also agree that the "holy grail" must be the "Still Day Beneath the Sun" test pressing with 24 copies in the world.

I just received the "Orchid" and "My Arms Your Hearse" test pressings on white vinyl from PD today and they are absolutely breath taking and beautiful! It is fantastic to have a complete set of test pressings on white vinyl of the three first albums and there only exist 5 copies of these in the world. :kickass: They will absolutely be some of the greatest gems of my collection. I also have the test pressings for the three first albums on black vinyl, and these are signed by the band and there exist 5 copies in the world.

I am waiting for the Opeth Wooden Box set with test pressings, which I also believe will be great. As you probably know there are 50 sets in the world.

To me personally, my signed copy of the "Ghost of Perdition" promo CD and "The Drapery Falls" promo CD are "Holy Grails" in my collection. :headbang:

^ I am currently awaiting my new holy grail, the white morningrise test press much like yours.
Some of my more prized peices include signed booklet from Ghost Reveries, signed watershed booklet, promo cds (still Life, BWP, Damnation, Mellotron Heart), especially the Roundhouse Tapes promo CD with that special cardboard case, I haven't seen that in a long time.

For me the holy grails are:
- vinyl test pressings
- Watershed full album promo
- Ghost of Perdition promo
- The Grand Conjuration promo
Simply because I don't own them.

The holy grails I own (best pieces in my collection):
- Still Day... grey vinyl
- MAYH promo CD
- Morningrise promo tape
- Morningrise 1st japanese issue (Avalon - 1997)

What are the "holy grail" of Opeth collectors items? I mean the rarest of the rare... The Orchid promo I'd assume and their first demos which I doubt anyone here has ever even seen.

My
6LP Wooden Boxset with Tshirt in L
Watershed
And I'm searching for
Ghost Reveries and Still Life, is anyone willing to sell it? (As LP)

Cheers Scream0r

For me the holy grails are:
- vinyl test pressings
- Watershed full album promo
- Ghost of Perdition promo
- The Grand Conjuration promo
Simply because I don't own them.

The holy grails I own (best pieces in my collection):
- Still Day... grey vinyl
- MAYH promo CD
- Morningrise promo tape
- Morningrise 1st japanese issue (Avalon - 1997)

Great pieces about your collection i'm so jealous on your MAYH promo CD.

i got a pretty small collection. im 15 and live with my parents and dont work so gimme a break.

BWP
Burden EP
Watershed (Special Edition)
MAYH
The Roundhouse Tapes (CD, not to be mistaken for DVD)
Still Life (original edition)

Blackwater Park hoodie
Damnation imported t shirt

and as soon as i hit 18 im gettin the signature "O" logo tattooed on my back.

Rare stuff I have now:

Signed Morningrise Reissue, BWP vinyl, Watershed Vinyl, Watershed Special Edition, BWP 2CD (Koch),
BWP 2 CD (MFN)
Still Life Promo
Morningrise First Pressing
Ghost Reveries Vinyl
Opeth Tins
D&D Digipaks
Still Day 7" (black)
Selections from Ghost Reveries CD
MAYH Pic LP

um yeah I think that's it. Is the first pressing Morningrise worth anything?

Finally took some pictures.

S5000684.jpg

I also have the Opeth 6lp Wooden Box. I got the one limited to 200. The one with the white vinyl. :)

Hi guys,
asking for your opinion on what to think of the two Deliverance and Damnation "advance CDs" I received the other day, won on an eBay auction.
Both discs came in a plain white paper sleeve, like most software discs. The discs themselves have a white sticker label on them. On one you can see through the sticker label that it's a CD-R 32x, and on the other you can see a duplicate sticker label glued underneath the first one. They are supposed to be Canadian advance promo CDs released by Koch Entertainment.

Is this common practice on advance discs, or has anyone seen the likes of these before? I'm thinking it's a fraud.

There are also several typos on the track listings (Window Pane, In My Time Of need, Death Wispered Lullaby, Weath, Master 's Apprentices).

Here're links to the auctions:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=220388709274
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=220388709927

Any advice on what to do?

Thanks,
/Janne

Hard to choose my holy grail but i would say my signed BWP LP, (signed by original lineup) Otherwise it would be my Still day "7 testpressing or Still Life testpressing

Hi guys,
asking for your opinion on what to think of the two Deliverance and Damnation "advance CDs" I received the other day, won on an eBay auction.
Both discs came in a plain white paper sleeve, like most software discs. The discs themselves have a white sticker label on them. On one you can see through the sticker label that it's a CD-R 32x, and on the other you can see a duplicate sticker label glued underneath the first one. They are supposed to be Canadian advance promo CDs released by Koch Entertainment.

Is this common practice on advance discs, or has anyone seen the likes of these before? I'm thinking it's a fraud.

There are also several typos on the track listings (Window Pane, In My Time Of need, Death Wispered Lullaby, Weath, Master 's Apprentices).

Here're links to the auctions:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=220388709274
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=220388709927

Any advice on what to do?

Thanks,
/Janne

Fraud