The Recording of "W5", the 5th and final WOODS OF YPRES album, Aug 8th-22nd, 2010

David Gold

Son of the Darkest Blues
Feb 20, 2004
No hometown, Ontario.
www.woodsofypres.ca
SunMan.jpg

The recording of the fifth and final WOODS OF YPRES album is now underway. Y-Mads' drums are already CRUSHING!!!!

The tracklist is as follows:

Stay tuned for updates.

Thanks!

DG & the Woods... - \w/

First thought: YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAW! A new album!!!!

Second thought: NOOOOOOOOOO! Final album?!?

After you've been to Q8, you'll wanna make album no. 6, I'm sure.

The art is very intriguing, as is the current tracklist. Five songs for a full-length tells me they're gonna be long, dynamic, progressive songs, and it also fits a theme of 5 - W5, 5 songs. Just speculating, as I know you won't confirm or deny any of it, and I wouldn't want you to. I like to be surprised with music!

Can we look forward to studio footage and/or teasers?

First thought: YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAW! A new album!!!!

Second thought: NOOOOOOOOOO! Final album?!?

My thoughts exactly. I do not like this "final" business at all, but I am very excited for a new WoY album.

First Sentenced, then Theatre Of Tragedy, David you can't take Woods of Ypres away from me too.

Today is the third and final day of drums, Evan is recording the final parts of the final two songs. Shane is preparing the "Shane-Saw". Bass is next.

The final photo shoot is scheduled for Sunday morning, the last time the four of us will be together in the same place. Then, I get to shave my beard, after keeping it this long, for photos.

My third and final guitar is for sale: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=196253&id=512430671&ref=mf The other two have already been sold.

We will be posting the final merch list asap, as soon as we make time to count and list what's left, t-shirts and etc...

There's this: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=127724810593665&ref=ts

Then I fly!

I have a few more days to listen and choose my final words as carefully as I can. I'm still conflicted about what exactly I want to say at this point, but... I'm working away. Motivated by the end. It's getting done.

Stay tuned!

DG - \w/

I agree with Miltbrand and Bilbin, this saddens me, but I'm excited.

How will the album be available? Will we have the chance to buy cd copies from you? Or will this be a solely digital release?

I know it's not your idea or anything, but digital release (especially exclusively) is the stupidest thing ever.

I see nothing wrong with it, as long as its not from itunes. But each to their own.

Just to clarify I was asking due to DG saying that he is leaving soon and I was curious as to how it would be handled. Would David do it himself, leave it to Omega Order, or stick it online on itunes or whatever.