The Results Are IN! The Top 100 Bands of UltimateMetal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
Well as mos of you were aware I recently ran a little project in which you posted your top 10 favorite bands and each band was worth a certain amount of points depending how you ranked them. I kept all the stats, put everything in order and came up with the list of the top 100 bands among UltimateMetal.com users. For the few of you who listed your bands in no particular order they still counted but your bands were randomly drawn to a number position to determine how many points they would be worth. Without further to do here is the Top 100 bands amond UltimateMetal.com users:

1. Opeth
2. Iron Maiden
3. In Flames
4. Metallica
5. Nevermore
6. Slayer
7. Megadeth
8. Testament
9. Judas Priest
10. Death
11. Emperor
12. Dark Tranquillity
13. Anthrax
14. Children Of Bodom
15. My Dying Bride
16. Katatonia
17. Blind Guardian
18. Black Sabbath
19. Iced Earth
20. At The Gates
21. Soilwork
22. Borknagor
23. Overkill
24. Savatage
25. Carcass
26. Dissection
27. Helloween
28. Arch Enemy
29. Pantera
30. Dream Theater
31. Amon Amarth
32. Dio
33. Cynic
34. Dimmu Borgir
35. Darkthrone
36. King Diamond
37. Angra
38. Kreator
39. Amorphis
40. Anathema
41. Candlemass
42. Mayhem
43. Agalloch
44. Devin Townsend
45. Morbid Angel
46. Strapping Young Lad
47. Meshuggah
48. Nile
49. Queensryche
50. Neurosis
51. The Haunted
52. Bathory
53. Exodus
54. Ulver
55. Tool
56. Mercyful Fate
57. Stratovarius
58. Machine Head
59. Death Angel
60. Grave Digger
61. Vintersorg
62. Hypocrisy
63. Symphony X
64. Motorhead
65. Sentenced
66. Satyricon
67. Obituary
68. Kalmah
69. Gamma Ray
70. The Gathering
71. Immortal
72. Down
73. Burzum
74. Manowar
75. Sinergy
76. Nightwish
77. Entombed
78. Decapitated
79. Pain Of Salvation
80. Cradle Of Filth
81. Enslaved
82. Porcupine Tree
83. Old Man's Child
84. Spiral Architect
85. The Crown
86. Dark Angel
87. Rage
88. Martyr
89. Sonata Arctica
90. Therion
91. Summoning
92. Arcturus
93. Bruce Dickinson
94. Voivod
95. Cathedral
96. Moonsorrow
97. Coroner
98. Diabolical Masquerade
99. Napalm Death
100. Samael

hmmmmm. lots of crap bands in there, lol. nah, too few people voted. you need no less than a vote from every person who posts regularly around um to have a definitive result. =)

I'm happy. At least like half the bands I chose in my Top 10 is in there. I swore that Sepultura's going to be at least in the Top 40.

well, at least Soilwork got rightly placed ahead of Arch Enemy.

shame In Flames are where they are though, they shouldn't be in the top 500 let alone 5.

blah, what am I moaning about, I disagree with just about every band's place there anyway. =)

~UlvedaL~ said:
Metallica??? Tse tse tse... Gee they suck!
Say what you want about their recent stuff, but the shit they made in the 80s was very very good.

They're up there because of people like myself who rate them no.1 on their lists. I didn't vote, no, but I would've put them up there without a shred of doubt - yes, they stopped making metal in '96 - arguably in '91, and yet they deserve to be up there for their past success.

Besides, it's all opinions of fans that visit these forums. I wouldn't say that Opeth is the best metal band ever - but we've got tons of their fans around.. Doesn't make it any less legitimate.

I agree on In Flames - No.3? No way! :).

yeah metallica are in their because of the 80's stuff, i doubt anyone on here is voting for their new stuff, apart from that allwithinmymonster guy, its the same with in flames, i think the majority of people voted for them for their pre-rtr material. I wouldnt say i agree with all the positions and bands in that but its a collective opinion poll so its not gonna be all my person favourites but yeah, it needed at least one vote from every person on UM but that would be pretty damn hard to do unless UM made it an official thing *shrug* Nice one though grave digger

I knew that Opeth and Iron Maiden would both come in the top three. I'm surprised how many power metal bands are in the top 100, as lots of people (myself included) seem to dislike that genre.

Yeah, if you forget all of the baggage Matallica carries these days and just go on their output from the '80s, Metallica belongs on the list.

I was hoping Maiden would get No. 1 but I know this place is partial to Opeth ,so No. 2 isn't bad at all.

Life Sucks said:
I knew that Opeth and Iron Maiden would both come in the top three. I'm surprised how many power metal bands are in the top 100, as lots of people (myself included) seem to dislike that genre.

Hehe. At least you can be glad there's no Hammerfall. :tickled:

Status
Not open for further replies.