The Scattering of Ashes

Prog Maiden said:
Did the Scattering of Ashes (the song) get scrapped or did you guys just change the song title? I've really been digging the track up on Gigantour's site. I can't wait to hear the rest and to catch you guys on tour again.

And Jim, you must've done an amazing job because one of my friends asked me if IE just used programmed drums for the album. ;) Will you be joining them on Gigantour?

:headbang: Tell your friend I say thanks! It's really all about the mix too - and the engineers who make it sound as good as it is - plus I get more than one take in the studio hehe.

I will be on Gigantour and can't wait to hit the road again with these guys :kickass:

Jesus fucking CHRIST this album is insane!!! I just got to hear the whole thing now - all I can say is my jaw is on the floor and I can't seem to scrape it off of there. Lots of new harmonies for me to learn, woohoo! hahaha Everyone does such an incredible job - fucking hell. I agree that Jim's drumming is just amazing - the mix does have a bit to do with it, but you have to have great talent first to have the mix sound so well later. :) No modesty needed there, that's for sure. And those notes that Stu hits - I can't even find a word for that. Except maybe that those notes are even a challenge sometimes for ME to hit! hahahaha I think my eyes are about to pop out of my head after listening to this cd. I can't wait for Gigantour - I'm sure I'll know the songs enough by then to sing along. :p Will be nice to see you again, Jim - it's been too long.

i gotta give props to troy for his great bass playing on this album,,,, so often we (bass players) get overlooked,,, i really like the tone and style you have on surrounded by night especially,,, it fits so well,,, the sound reminds me a little of overkill and dead heart in a dead world (which mr sneap was involved with) just my 2 cents,,,, i wish you guys the best during the upcoming months!
\m/

martin luther said:
11. Paralyzed - yes, it's as good on cd as it is live, smart choice for the closing track.

Very good track indeed, although it's quite different from what it was the couple of times I saw this song played live.

hey black void, thanks for the props...actually sneap picked that tone for the bass on surrounded by night...i was pretty leary at first but yah gotta trust the sneap!... sorry you can't hear any of the bass parts into (phagist?...i don't get it) i actually think the bass is mixed pretty high compared to the previous IE releases...maybe its a bass player thing... meh.:headbang:

necrophagist suck live, saw them with neuraxis and alarum - and necrophagist headlined, there sound was off muhummad was a complete tool and they only played for a half an hour and left.

IntoPhagist said:
necrophagist suck live, saw them with neuraxis and alarum - and necrophagist headlined, there sound was off muhummad was a complete tool and they only played for a half an hour and left.
You must've just got an off nite, cause when I saw them they were TIGHT son, balla shit hahaah No, but they were good when I saw them on that tour and those new engls they got smoke.

I've already started reviewing it for my SputnikMusic account. Obviously, it wont be up until it's out, but expect at least a 4/5 (probably 4.5) guys.

Greetings from Spain guys . I have to say just one thing about IE -> Amazing , as their last album really cool.
Specially thanks to Jim Austin with his impressive style :worship: You are my favourite drummer.
I hope to see a tour of IE in Spain soon guys , you got fans here :headbang: Don't forget us =)