The T.V. thread...

proselytise

Ooooo! Mesa learned a new word today!!!

232980-jar_jar_binks_large.jpeg

The trailer to the upcoming season of Dexter got me torqued, almost motivated to sit through the season of ill repute, seeing that it appears to be back on track.

Also, anybody watch HBO Hardknocks? Best sports reality show you will ever see.

Season 5 of dexter was so terrible, is 6 better? the first seasons of dexter were so solid I was depressed when that whore julia stiles came in and ruined the show!

shows i'm watching

Rizzoli and Isles

Major Crimes

The Mentalist

Supernatural

all the CSI shows

NCIS (the original, somehow couldn't really get into NCIS LA)

True Blood and Dexter were both awesome but i haven't seen either one in a while

L&O SVU (couldn't really get into the other 2 L&O shows)

re-runs of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air (yeah, people will bitch that it's pretty old, but it's still a-hell-of-a-lot-funny-er than any of the comedy shows being mentioned here
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/gmd-social-forum/393279-official-good-television-thread-58.html)

South Park

Tosh.0

Ridiculousness

Ok so I finaly watched Firefly and now want to blow up Fox headquarters... Fuck you, asswipes! Anyway, someone point me in the direction of some good sci-fi or wild west. I need something to move on to.

Season 5 and 6 of Dexter were good, but they were a bit too stretched. If they combined 5 and 6 with Dexters issues and ended it the way they ended season 6, I'd like the show much more. I'm really pumped for season 7.

Also, people need to stop saying Firefly is the best thing since sliced bread. I watched it, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. However, it pales in comparison to Breaking Bad or the Wire in terms of writing. Even Six Feet Under is much better.

I thought season 6 of Dexter was worse than season 5. I can't stand any of the characters other than Dexter on the show anymore. I'll eventually watch season 7 but there are better shows I'm more interested in for the fall like Boss, Boardwalk Empire and Homeland.

During the past two months I watched Lost and it's okay. The first 3 seasons are fun but it's crap compared to HBO and the good shows on AMC and Showtime. I wasn't a fan of the whole time travel storyline in seasons 4-6 and the ending is terrible.

I watched some of The Newsroom and everything outside of Jeff Daniels sucks. I'm not fond of the ohmygodilikethispersoniworkwithanditalkreallyfastandamawkward shit

God damn if you're not watching Breaking Bad, just go ahead and be one of those people who always misses out on great things, probably without even realizing it, see if I care.......

Dexter doesn't start until the end of September so Breaking Bad will be over by then :) I don't like watching a bunch of shows at the same time so I download the episodes and then do a marathon

Eh, I wasn't referring to you specifically, but I sort of agree. Waiting a week between episodes is BRUTAL

I thought season 6 of Dexter was worse than season 5. I can't stand any of the characters other than Dexter on the show anymore. I'll eventually watch season 7 but there are better shows I'm more interested in for the fall like Boss, Boardwalk Empire and Homeland.

During the past two months I watched Lost and it's okay. The first 3 seasons are fun but it's crap compared to HBO and the good shows on AMC and Showtime. I wasn't a fan of the whole time travel storyline in seasons 4-6 and the ending is terrible.

I watched some of The Newsroom and everything outside of Jeff Daniels sucks. I'm not fond of the ohmygodilikethispersoniworkwithanditalkreallyfastandamawkward shit

Awesome, I know I won't bother with Dexter now. And I think you're the only person who watched Boss other than me, what an underrated show man.

watched the (mid)season finale of Breaking Bad and the season premiere of Sons of Anarchy

pretty fuckin intense and awesome night of 'television'

super stoked to see what happens next on both of them, bummed its another goddamn year till new BB, but SoA just started with a bang!

Boardwalk Empire starts next week, and the final installment of SPARTACUS hits us in january, so there are a few things happening in TV land

Ok so I finaly watched Firefly and now want to blow up Fox headquarters... Fuck you, asswipes!

wait
are you pissed at fox for making a crappy show??
or
are you pissed at fox for quickly cancelling an awesome show??

seriously asking
i know people that feel it was the worst show on tv
and also people that feel it was the best show on tv

Ok so I finaly watched Firefly and now want to blow up Fox headquarters... Fuck you, asswipes! Anyway, someone point me in the direction of some good sci-fi or wild west. I need something to move on to.

I caught 20 mins of this a couple years back based on all the praise it received, laughably bad. :erk:

Only show I shall be watching this season is Sons of Anarchy, which is over the top at times, but the cool collection of characters make up for it. Opie is boss as fuck.