THE THUNDER DOME

redfly

Ruled By The Riff
Aug 22, 2005
Manchester/New England
Two Drummers Enter. One Drummer Leaves... Okay Not Really But It Would Be Pretty Metal! ;)
But Seriously, We Can't Forget Our Drummers! Our Bringers Of Thunder! :headbang:

Neptune

Last edited:
Reactions: Trodden
I know, I know the work on LOW was so damn amazing and will forever stand the test of time!!!

Guys, I completely share your thoughts on this. When I saw him with Testament (during his tenure in the Cult), he seemed to be enjoying it a lot. I had the impression that he was even surprised about how much fun playing that kind of music gives him. I was never into the Cult (couln't name a single song by them), and I don't even know how big they are. Maybe it's personal reasons, or he has a diverse taste in music and wanted to explore something more, but, damn, metal misses him a lot. One of the most dynamic drummers I've seen.

Reactions: redfly
The Cult was fairly popular during the 80's with a few big hits. She sells sanctuary, Fire woman. But since then? I have no clue. I do know I saw an advertisement for them last week and they only put up a picture of the singer and the guitar player (I'm assuming the original) so Tempesta looks like a hired gun to me even though he has been with them awhile now :(

Yeah,I think that was the Love album back in the 80's.It seems like most every talented musician is whoring themselves out in order to survive in the industry these days.

That's so cool that you got to see him on that tour OneMan!

Yeah, that was amazing. He really was on fire and was adding a lot to the songs, which gained tremendous dynamics (especially Electric Crown and Sins of Omission), but have not lost their original feel. I thought that I saw him on more than one tour, but now that I think of it, it might have been just those 3 shows in '05. Oh well. Drummers have been in and out of Testament all the time, so no wonder I can't remember who I saw with them on which occassion. I'd been planning to do a detailed list of all line ups (including live stuff, of course) that Testamend ever had, but it's too much digging and memory isnt' as good as it used to be. One day maybe.

Thanks for the info on The Cult. Can you believe he's been with them for like a decade now?

I was blown away by his performance on live in London. He really does add a lot but still keeps the feel. I don't know how he does it!

Wow a decade already? and still they can't use his picture!

You know what would have been really sweet,if we had complete footage of the first strike still deadly sessions!