The truth about melodic death metal

Obscure local stuff? Challenge accepted :Spin:

For the fans of early IF/Ceremonial Oath/Gates of Ishtar.

Awesome melodeath. Cant really describe it, they sound fairly original.

Some more of Draconic. IMHO probably the best Serbian band atm.

And my old band, probably as obscure as it gets :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, you win! :)

Btw, new Arch Enemy has leaked and IMO it is not that good. Generic wannabe classical melodies, weak drumming, riffs and melodies already heard on previous albums, a somewhat processed vocals by Angela. Looks like they are running out of ideas. It's not terrible, but it is very, very predictable.

i assume some of you have but if any of you have not Be'lakor is some damn fine new Melodeath. In my opinion they are just as good as Insomnium (they are both in my top 10 bands ever too). I don't have a way to watch youtube clips so i cant post any songs but i urge you all who have not to check them out.

Evocation is a must have for people who are into that classic Swedish death metal, even though they are really melodic. I love that chunky 90's guitar tone :)

@krofius, since you like Eternal Tears of Sorrow, I'm pretty sure you will like this too, if you dont know of them already.

Black metal band BANE. I guess they sound like Dissection or something. I'm not a big fan of BM, but this songs are quite early melodeath-ish to me.

short acoustic stuff

real song

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KT5bL3Q88o&feature=related[/ame]