The "Tulkita" Thread

Morrigu20

Sep 5, 2005
. . . interpreteren, interprétez, tolke, interprete, interpretar, tolka, tradurre, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

As I glanced through the Finnish Language forum I discovered that people were asking for translations/interpretations of interviews and audio files. I also discovered that some of the Finns were (rightly, in my humble opinion, as it was meant for Finnish/Finnish speaking fans) pissed that foreigners were screwing with their board. So I decided to start this thread for those of you who would like translations and for those who are willing to translate and interpret from your native language.

*EDIT*
I've been thinking about it and maybe my explanation for this thread was a little wordy. So, let me clarify:

1. I saw a lot of threads that were asking for translations, so I thought it would be easier to put them all in one thread.

2. I also thought that there were languages other than Finnish that information was published in that someone might want translated that wouldn't be appropriate for the "All You Need To Know About The Finnish Language" thread.

Does everyone understand now?

Ralf said:

. . . interpreteren, interprétez, tolke, interprete, interpretar, tolka, tradurre, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Did I say that people could only translate from Finnish in this thread? I'm fairly sure there are other languages that info about CoB is published in exclusively. And apparently not everyone is aquainted with or bothered to read that particular thread otherwise the posts in the Finnish Language forum would have been posted there.

"enquanto eu olhava o forum em finlandês eu descobri que as pessoas estavam pedindo por traduções de entrevistas e arquivos de audio. Eu também descobri que alguns dos finlandeses estavam (corretamente, na minha humilde opinião, como o fórum é para os fans que falam finlandês) putos porque os estrangeiros estavam sacaneando o fórum deles. Então eu decidi começar esse tópico para aqueles que gostariam de traduções e para aqueles que estariam dispostos a traduzir e interpretar da sua lingua nativa."

dude, that was all plain wrong :lol:
i mean, the shitty line was CLOSE to being ALMOST right though :lol:

something like this: NO, we don't speak spanish. It's portuguese. And it's not even the Portugal version of it.
Spanish is listed as one of our secondary official languages, but there are also french and english on that list :p

most people in brazil THINK they can communicate in spanish, but they know shit about it (like me for example, my english is better than my spanish by absurd ammounts :p)

and the line thing is like this:
there was this fight over the south american lands between Portugal and Spain when the lands were discovered. Then they decided to sign a treaty saying that all the lands to the left of the Tordesilhas line would be spanish territory, and the lands to the right would be portuguese.

Brazil ended up being colonized (and LOTS of land on the left side of the Tordesilhas line too :lol: ) by the portuguese, that's why we speak portuguese.

History of Brazil 101 :p

Tut Ankh Amon said:
"enquanto eu olhava o forum em finlandês eu descobri que as pessoas estavam pedindo por traduções de entrevistas e arquivos de audio. Eu também descobri que alguns dos finlandeses estavam (corretamente, na minha humilde opinião, como o fórum é para os fans que falam finlandês) putos porque os estrangeiros estavam sacaneando o fórum deles. Então eu decidi começar esse tópico para aqueles que gostariam de traduções e para aqueles que estariam dispostos a traduzir e interpretar da sua lingua nativa."

As I glanced through the Finnish Language forum I discovered that people were asking for translations/interpretations of interviews and audio files. I also discovered that some of the Finns were (rightly, in my humble opinion, as it was meant for Finnish/Finnish speaking fans) pissed that foreigners were screwing with their board. So I decided to start this thread for those of you who would like translations and for those who are willing to translate and interpret from your native language. :D