The ULTIMATE Mikael Akerfeldt quote...EVER...!!

Oh, another thing. The thing I said about "Fuck the fans"...It's not like I got the question "Any messages to your fans?" "Yeah, fuck off!"

I said it to really point out that all our music is written without any outside opinions or pressure. Then again, maybe I was pissed out of my head...

Originally posted by Mikael Åkerfeldt
Oh, another thing. The thing I said about "Fuck the fans"...It's not like I got the question "Any messages to your fans?" "Yeah, fuck off!"

I said it to really point out that all our music is written without any outside opinions or pressure. Then again, maybe I was pissed out of my head...

Yeah I read that interview a while ago, it's just that I think that everybody in metal acknowledges Opeth's presence, and I believe that there is no need for you guys to justify your actions to anybody. I also think that your responding to these allegations tells something about how much you actually care about the fans, and that is, in my opinion, very important. As a fan I feel that there should be a form of mutual respect between the fans and the performers. Without it any gig or a CD release would be pointless.

I'm just glad you're not like some bands who have no appreciation for fans whatsoever.

I hate those people :( especially when they say it to your face....

Originally posted by Jim LotFP
"Opeth is obviously a 90s band, but with influences from between 1960-1996! I'd say we are the kings at what we do! No other band has, or will ever come close to what we create! Each and every one of our present and forthcoming volumes will enforce our reign! This is no boasting I tell you! This is my personal view! If anybody thinks I'm fucking bigheaded, well, simply fuck off! Prove me that I'm wrong!"

- Mikael Akerfeldt, to Isten, 1996.

yawn

I've always thought that the best Akerfeldt quote was,

"If music was a woman, I'd be desparate to fuck her"

I forget where he said that though...

Later,

Filip

I disagree. With this being the best quote. My favorite is still the one about the next albums. Saying it'll be so good, if anyone gives it a bad review, their lives will be in danger.