the ultimate non-auto-tune production list

i hope i do

i almost hate coming to this forum because a lot of you are a buntch of ball sack scratching metal fiends who just want to bash on anything commercial / mass market / fuck-the-man type of attitude

im sorry, but i want a nice house and a boat to take my kids on fishing trips

i can't drink beer and pretend that double bass and screaming is so much more creatively superior than 5 18 year olds who actually have a fan base, and also have a strong passion for what they want to hear, and what they like in music.

despite what a lot of you might think, there's actually SOMETHING to this kind of music. if there wasn't, my job wouldn't be as hard as it is. do any of you want to come up here and record one of these songs and make it sound the way i do? i'd love to see you fail.

at any rate, im sorry for the rant. but my time is about up here!

lol.... I'm not touching this! You just keep doing what you ove man and I won't rebutt by asking what you've ever done withut a pod!

This thread was uneccessary and you know damn well why you wrote it. Calling you a hypocrite would be unfair to genuine hypocrites!

p.s. if i recorded a band like the jimi hendrix experience, i would probably only use compressors and equalizers (because those bands sound the way they're supposed to quite naturally)

the bands i record dont really sound the way they need to live, so it takes a lot of trickery to make it happen
and with digital recording becoming available to anyone in the world with a laptop, songs are getting written in the digital domain with no care for actually playing it as a band, just to make it sound cool

it is these reasons that cause us to use all this crap to make things work, because bands or artists arent making that happen on their own

Isn't this here the problem though dude? You get paid, *and you do a good job so I'm not picking on that*, but you get paid to polish a turd essentially? From what you describe, these bands come in so far from the mark of what's expected, that you edit a lie of a cd. Have you done many bands that have required little editing to get it to sound the way it's 'expected'??

Isn't this here the problem though dude? You get paid, *and you do a good job so I'm not picking on that*, but you get paid to polish a turd essentially? From what you describe, these bands come in so far from the mark of what's expected, that you edit a lie of a cd. Have you done many bands that have required little editing to get it to sound the way it's 'expected'??

i don't really see where he said he's polishing turds - he said that they're using digital technology to write music on the fly that's often impossible to play live

there's another band that comes to mind who did the same...if memory serves me correct, they were called the beatles. you know - those guys who played their last concert in 1964, and who then spent the rest of their careers holed up in a studio, pushing the envelope of the gear and techniques that were available at the time, and also making some of the most popular(and least reproducable) music of all time.

...just sayin'

i don't really see where he said he's polishing turds - he said that they're using digital technology to write music on the fly that's often impossible to play live

there's another band that comes to mind who did the same...if memory serves me correct, they were called the beatles. you know - those guys who played their last concert in 1964, and who then spent the rest of their careers holed up in a studio, pushing the envelope of the gear and techniques that were available at the time, and also making some of the most popular(and least reproducable) music of all time.

...just sayin'

Yep... Let's compare joeys bands and line of work to that of the beatles. o_O
Cool comparison bro!

None of my bands albums were autotuned... well, I used it once as an effect.

If any singer needs autotune, then he should think about leaving music and do any other activity like gardening or whatever.

With so many tricks and digital technology loads of non talented "musicians" release albums that sound perfect and then on stage are just a piece of shit.

Total perfection makes the spirit of r'n'r die. No soul, no passion. Yes, call me oldie but I'm hangoverish and I feel nostalgic...:erk:

Gonna listen to some Rainbow's album right now.

theres using technology to push the envelope and then there's using technology to make it sound like computers are playing music and not humans

Yep... Let's compare joeys bands and line of work to that of the beatles. o_O
Cool comparison bro!

at what point did i compare the bands or their product to the beatles?

i'm just saying that trying to chastise someone for coming up with a bunch of shit in the studio that can't be replicated live is pretty retarded

juno's soundtrack is so sugary sweet it nearly gave me diabetes.
hipster fucking garbage
go wear ironic t-shirts and thick rimmed glasses, ya corporate fuck! :dopey:

+1

but honestly if i heard something that sounded nice i'd leave it
but it all sounds quite shit before i edit it[/QUOTE

definitely true for the majority of the bands you work with. Auto tune has almost no longer become a choice in the style of metal,pop, or rock. it has become an expectation from listeners. unfortunately, along with this expectation from listeners has come a bunch of talentless hacks who depend upon BD,melodyne, and massive editing in general to make an otherwise pile of shit sound like a polished piece of material. this is our new world of music and thats the way its going to be until fans stop caring about tuned vocals or until horrible bands who use auto tune as a crutch are systematically weeded out.