The very self indulgent football thread....

I'd like to start by asking what the heck the Wolves boys were doing on Saturday?!? 3-0 down to Leicester at half time, come back out to win 4-3. If there is currently a surge of interest in performance- enhancing drug-taking in top-level sport, I suggest the authorities get ahold of the tea-pot from the Wolves dressing room and immediately send it for analysis! Whatever was in it, I'd like some...

I am a lifelong Stoke City supporter, although after recent games I am again feeling despondant - have done really since the mid-80's :)
Tony Pulis is not a bad manager as he gets the best out of players but his tactics are a joke at times! Plus that donkey Paul Williams (ex-Soton/Coventry defender) needs to be shot. He is awful, no wonder Strachan paid up his contract...
Agree about Wolves - coming back & winning from 3-0 down is very rare...
Who does everyone else support/follow on here?

i'm a Man City supporter....so i've seen them go up and down the divisions like a yo-yo.Finally they've settled up in the premiership and with a bit of luck and the management of King Kevin Keegan i'm looking forward to great things.

For my sins - I'm a Tottenham supporter. I've been going through thin and thinner (well OK and the occasional bit of thick!) since 1978 when they were in the old second division, and currently have a season ticket in the Lower East Stand. I'm off there tonight in fact, to see the CC game against West Ham ...

I think Bobby Z (and Helder Postiga, on that note) needs that first goal under his belt for a bit of confidence. He always works hard, but hasn't quite made the adjustment yet. Give him time though...

(I'm not sure about loaning him to you guys - with our injury record we need as much of a squad as we can muster. They drop like flies at our place!...)

Well - Bobby Z did the business for us last night - TBH we weren't that convincing and the Hammers had a number of decent chances.

Still, we're through - and set up for another intra-band battle with Dave's boys at the Lane..!

Here's hoping my boys (Liverpool) can do a job tomorrow against Fulham. After playing so well midweek they gave us a nervous end to the game gifting Blackburn 2 goals :erk: Heskey for a hat trick :loco:

Well (sorry Dave and Neil) - a good week for once in the intra-band stakes, from my POV.

City were as poor first half against us in the cup on Weds as they were dominant in the league game at their place a month or two ago. We needed the 2-goal cushion still though, as predictably they piled forward in the 2nd half and we had our customary headless-chicken phase of play in which we gifted them a goal back. There were a couple of scrambles that could have led to an equaliser too, before we broke well to wrap it up. Just about deserved our win over the 90 minutes.

Saturday's 5-2 is was as convincing as it sounds in terms of chances and finishing - we created lots of chances, and all 5 of the goals were well worked and nicely finished - not a scrappy hoof amongst them. However, Wolves were still a bit hard done by with the scoreline IMO. Right on half-time Kasey Keller saved on the line with his legs from point-blank range - Wolves could easily have led at the break - and right before our 3rd goal Camara somehow put a chance to square it at 2-2 over the bar from 6 yards.

Overall though a pleasing week results-wise - albeit that we still look weak in midfield, and will get slaughtered by Newcastle and Man U in our next 2 games if we don't compete better...

sean-intense said:
Looking back i wondered why i started this thread :oops: I think Liverpool have taken about 10 years off my life span ..:erk:

Perhaps you should support Arsenal. They wera red too. And that Man U lot. It's all the same isn't it ?

Could be worse mate - you could be a Leeds fan...ROTFLMAO