The Vinyl/Collector's Thread

Yeah and the way vinyl sales are ATM the waits are only gonna get longer.I remember when NWN! first announced the Order From Chaos discography set I emailed Yosuke and offered to preorder straight away,I reckon that would've been nearly a five year wait if he had of accepted my money.

It is a hassle I did the same recently and it's a real pain in the ass I had different piles of records spread all over my unit trying to sort them in alphabetical order...that is a terrible job I didn't realise how annoying and time consuming it was gonna be! I had a large wall unit built into the wall based on the ikea stuff but much sturdier and with heaps of drawers to house most of my CDs as well.It cost a shitload.

I was just looking for this email I got from some audio magazine that had these nice new storage crates but I couldn't find the email but from a quick internet search it looks like there are a few different ones you can buy.

Got the vinyl itch earlier today. Been too long since I bought any. Picked up Incantation - Dirges of Elysium and Grave - Into the Grave. Both 180g black instead of colored but hey, paying $15+ more for the colored wax is UGH.

Heard Relapse is doing The Infernal Storm soon. Wish they'd get that preorder going.

I'm only up to about 175 pcs since June a year ago...but my latest pick ups are:

Michael Schenker Group - MSG
Ratt - Out Of The Cellar
Krokus - Headhunter
Triumph - The Sport Of Kings
TNT - Knights Of The New Thunder
TNT - Tell No Tales

So I see HHR is having a small sale on some of their releases. Limited selection but insane deal at 3 lps for 16.66.

I went ahead and picked up one of each of their October 31 album's color editions. Can't beat that for $22 shipped.

As much as I complain about century media, I just found myself again picking up some wax from them. I see they added some old school Iced Earth wax and couldn't pass up Burnt Offerings and Night of the Stormrider on color wax with the original artworks.

434927D1-7149-4E64-868D-F4D698063A9E_zps4rnvkrkj.jpg

The other phots can wait. This cannot.

Originals, still sealed, and bought directly from Mark and Bryan. They cost a arm and a leg, but theres no way in fuck I couldve passed these up.

So what's up with metal blade, century media, earache... All the big labels teaming up and coreleasing vinyl of some of their classic albums, but not really promoting them?

Immolation's first two were reissued this way... Morbid Angel's first two, The Key by Nocturnus... These releases just randomly appear it seems like.

Haha yeah Perturbator is fun. Already had it in black and glow in the dark. Why not one more color?

I finally checked out Perturbator. I somehow always thought they were some sort of uber grind band so I never bothered to listen. Then I saw someone say it was "dark synth" and that got me interested.

I must say it's pretty damn cool. It's like 80s B horror soundtrack meets Ministry, maybe? Really cool listen. I may have to check out some releases now (https://soundcloud.com/perturbator).