"The Walking Dead" Thread

Stingray11214

OSA Triumvir
Oct 21, 2005
Man, AMC really pulled a rabbit out of the hat. Watching it for the second time in a row, and it really blows my mind. To think Atlanta is being overrun by Zombies, if you have not watched it tonight, catch the replay when it is on.

Here is the trailer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw it, enjoyed it, but I hope they ratchet it up a bit. Some parts were a bit to cliche and predictable. The wife hooking up with the partner so soon was an eye roll for me. I also had trouble with the time frame. How long ago did the invasion start? A month? So, that guy was in a coma how long without receiving medical care or fluids? And a lot of the damage and decay outside seemed too far advanced for the time frame. Not to be a kill joy, I just notice too many things and hate when there's flaws.

Saw it, enjoyed it, but I hope they ratchet it up a bit. Some parts were a bit to cliche and predictable. The wife hooking up with the partner so soon was an eye roll for me. I also had trouble with the time frame. How long ago did the invasion start? A month? So, that guy was in a coma how long without receiving medical care or fluids? And a lot of the damage and decay outside seemed too far advanced for the time frame. Not to be a kill joy, I just notice too many things and hate when there's flaws.

I'm much in the same mind with you AM.

I enjoyed the show and will watch again.

Valid points, but for me, if I'm going to accept zombies as the show's premise then I can let a few inconsistencies slide.

Ever notice how in zombie movies, zombie movies don't exist? XD

I love this show. Read the comics, but, am enjoying the show more.

I was very impressed with the show. Looking forward to next week.

This is going to be my favorite show this Fall together with The Event.

I enjoyed it. A tad quirky. Two people 'hooking' up so soon after is entirely believeable if there was already some form of strong friendship before. The stress can lead to things. As for the death and decay.... well we don't really know how long it was. I was thinking no more than 10 days or so. Even then, it only takes a few days of 'war' for a city to entirely transform.

Duchess, absolutely. I think that it would be more interesting if they recognized the existance of past zombie lore.

I stayed up n' watched this puppy Halloween night - LOVED IT (even with a person in the room talking thru about 85% of the show - which totally pissed me off... IGNORE)

The thing about the wife n' partner hooking up - what if there was something going on before hand?? He had a conversation with the man who hit him with a shovel that kinda led me to think there may have been an issue between him and his wife.. It was a subtle comment.. And the partner asked about the guy's wife in the squad car at the very beginning (before the chase).. Why the wife and not 'the family'?? We could nit pick it all day...

I'll definitely be watching it again... this, Raising Hope and Hawaii Five O - winnas in my book :)

I stayed up n' watched this puppy Halloween night - LOVED IT (even with a person in the room talking thru about 85% of the show - which totally pissed me off... IGNORE)

The thing about the wife n' partner hooking up - what if there was something going on before hand?? He had a conversation with the man who hit him with a shovel that kinda led me to think there may have been an issue between him and his wife.. It was a subtle comment.. And the partner asked about the guy's wife in the squad car at the very beginning (before the chase).. Why the wife and not 'the family'?? We could nit pick it all day...

I'll definitely be watching it again... this, Raising Hope and Hawaii Five O - winnas in my book :)

I actually thought the same thing about the wife and his partner. I am curious to see how things develop. NO SPOILERS, PEOPLE! :lol:

And by the way, with the new forum color scheme, I think it's time you change the color on your posts. :lol:

Saw it, enjoyed it, but I hope they ratchet it up a bit. Some parts were a bit to cliche and predictable. The wife hooking up with the partner so soon was an eye roll for me. .

This was based on the story from the graphic novels, which so far (1 episode I know) it is following very closely.

I was very impressed. It's nice to see the classic Romero zombie and not the velociraptor type super fast zombies.

I actually thought the same thing about the wife and his partner. I am curious to see how things develop. NO SPOILERS, PEOPLE! :lol:

And by the way, with the new forum color scheme, I think it's time you change the color on your posts. :lol:

WHAT and lose the infamous orange!?!?!?! Just for you.. just 'cause you asked.. but when I'm in a mood.. I'm breakin' the orange back out - you have been warned :p