The what's going on in Thrash thread

You reckon Lars invented the crabwalk, wrote it into Rob's contract and he gets sacked if he doesn't clock up a certain distance in crab mode every night?

Reactions: redfly
Don't worry Kirk we were all shocked that King Dick 1 and King Dick 2 let you do something outside the band as well.

What a bunch of entitled shitbags Kirk and Lars are. Heard a story a few years back about the the Rolling Stones big dogging Metallica at a show and I laughed and felt like they deserved to get disrespected, haha.

https://napalmrecords.com/english/t...407401303&mc_cid=d4c089c00d&mc_eid=fdb2c25e09
I’ll be getting the CD and tee bundle(Hopefully not a digipack)when preorders are up for that,but just posting this because I don’t know if there was a glimpse of the track list yet.

Bloody Euro preorders. I think when we convert to euros we just given them kidneys. It's cheaper and often quicker for us to wait for the release date and order it from the US. Although on Napalm it might get local release here since bands like Destruction, Powerwolf and Alestorm get local.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
What a bunch of entitled shitbags Kirk and Lars are. Heard a story a few years back about the the Rolling Stones big dogging Metallica at a show and I laughed and felt like they deserved to get disrespected, haha.

I give the band credit for their success, even if I don't like everything they've released, but Lars has always been an egotist. Someone like Tiger Woods was breed to win, his old man instilled a win at all cost attitude in him and he grew to believe anything less than a win was a fail. Lars' dad kind of did the same to him, first with tennis, then with the money to make his band a success. Lars' attitude has always been that he can step on everyone else to get to the top, but no one should step on him. James seems to have a bit more of a sob story about his growing up so I'm not sure if Lars taught him to be a dick or if it came naturally.

Lars' attitude has always been that he can step on everyone else to get to the top, but no one should step on him. James seems to have a bit more of a sob story about his growing up so I'm not sure if Lars taught him to be a dick or if it came naturally.

That is a fair point about Lars, and something I haven't considered. Seems to be a common trait among star musicians, and I hope the story I heard about the Rolling Stones stepping on Metallica and putting them in their place is true.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is. Rolling Stones have never been a band that held back and like them or not they have achieved a shit load more than Metallica can hope for. I'd imagine Lars standing before Mick or Keith would be like a 15 year old trying to tell the world he's seen every thng and done everything a person could do.

I give the band credit for their success, even if I don't like everything they've released, but Lars has always been an egotist. Someone like Tiger Woods was breed to win, his old man instilled a win at all cost attitude in him and he grew to believe anything less than a win was a fail. Lars' dad kind of did the same to him, first with tennis, then with the money to make his band a success. Lars' attitude has always been that he can step on everyone else to get to the top, but no one should step on him. James seems to have a bit more of a sob story about his growing up so I'm not sure if Lars taught him to be a dick or if it came naturally.
I give them credit for the huge success they had up until the Black album which was based on the strength of their music. After that it's outside help and radio and jumping on bandwagons. Which in way one could say was a smart move. But I'm not one of them. They wasted what could have been their best years and they aren't getting them back.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
They really are. And do. lol. They are so different from I loved that band.

A just punishment would be to force James and Lars to tour with Dave Mustaine as part of the Megadave live act. Make Lars get chewed out every night by Dave for messing up songs. Make James sing back up vocals and be Dave's second guitar player, haha.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I give them credit for the huge success they had up until the Black album which was based on the strength of their music. After that it's outside help and radio and jumping on bandwagons. Which in way one could say was a smart move. But I'm not one of them. They wasted what could have been their best years and they aren't getting them back.

That is probably true but at the same time they found a path that did make them mega-successful. They wouldn't be the first people to change their career path to become successful. I don't have to like what they did to recognise it was a big effort from them and every one else to achieve what they did.