The what's going on in Thrash thread

Exodus have always been better than Testament :p
I think Exodus have had the ability to get a crowd moving almost since the first day. They always seem to interact well with the audience and I think the whole band really get up close and personal with the crowd and encourage them to move. Even when Dukes was in the band, I don't think he quite played to the audience like Zetro and Paul, but he still did it.
Pffft :p

They are pretty good at it. I'm not sure Zetro is any better at than Dukes was though. At least from the stuff I've watched. But Paul was the best! Also pits and crowd surfing are a lot easier to get going when it's not mid tempo music..ahem. Testament. ;).

You know I think Alex's background vocals have been a lot better on this tour. Testament and Flotsam both should go back to gang vocals.

Reactions: Slammed
Pfft Pfft :p

I think Zetro engages better than Dukes because he does it on and off the stage. Maybe a little less post covid but pre covid Zets would get out with the crowd pre-show, but he's always making contact with the fans in the front rows. However I think most of it is driven by Gary. I think he's always been one of the most grounded musos out there and he knows he owes his career to the fans. I'm not suggesting other musos don't care about their fans but Gary always seems to take things further and I think the band as a whole on stage do it when Gary does it.

Alex has to be doing something right :) Gang vocals should make a come back. I was listening to When The Storm Comes Down yesterday and Eric sounds so young on that album he needs gang vocals to add depth to the songs :)

I'll give him that. He's a very friendly guy who really shows his appreciation for his fans and fans of metal in general. Zetro is a very personable guy and it shows in everything he does. But I'm strictly talking about onstage. They've all been really good at getting those pits going. Possibly Paul and Zetro do it naturally and Dukes had Gary's input. But I have nothing concrete to support that.
Gary thrashes it up pretty good that's for sure. And people like to see that and it absolutely helps people get into it live. I'm not sure I've seen him do much verbally though other than shout a few things here and there. But that's not his job.

Hahaha. I've just always loved gang vocals and I miss them. I think that's something that would really help new songssound more like the original thrash. Even with the modern production and all the other little changes. Adding them in would really help mitigate any modern changes. It's like an instant shot of attitude.

Nah Gary doesn't do much verbally, well not with a mic. He often waves his hands in the air to the crowd, or mouths stuff to the crowd. Maybe he's telling them to fuck off but to me it looks like words of encouragement :) When Gary's thrown himself about on stage for 5 minutes then throws his hands in the air at the crowd I reckon that's him yelling (silently) "Get up motherfuckers!" Exodus has always been Gary's band though so it makes sense he's always trying to push them forward.

And with someone like Alex if he's thinking about where next he supposed to come in with his gang vocals he will maybe think less about how he needs to show boat.

Reactions: redfly
Hatriot really seem to be behind things. I don't know who handles their social media but their FB account was well behind 'breaking' the news about the album. They were well behind with the release date and today they've just posted their big announcement as the track listing for the new album which has been shown on the label site for several weeks now.

Nah Gary doesn't do much verbally, well not with a mic. He often waves his hands in the air to the crowd, or mouths stuff to the crowd. Maybe he's telling them to fuck off but to me it looks like words of encouragement :) When Gary's thrown himself about on stage for 5 minutes then throws his hands in the air at the crowd I reckon that's him yelling (silently) "Get up motherfuckers!" Exodus has always been Gary's band though so it makes sense he's always trying to push them forward.

And with someone like Alex if he's thinking about where next he supposed to come in with his gang vocals he will maybe think less about how he needs to show boat.
I wonder who owns the Exodus name? Gary? Tom? Jointly? While Gary wasn't actually in the band when they took the name, he is responsible for keeping the band going while other members came and went.

Hahaha! That would be the best reason to bring back gang vocals!

Hatriot really seem to be behind things. I don't know who handles their social media but their FB account was well behind 'breaking' the news about the album. They were well behind with the release date and today they've just posted their big announcement as the track listing for the new album which has been shown on the label site for several weeks now.
That is strange. You'd think with Zetro as their dad they'd know how important it is to keep things up to date.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I wonder who owns the Exodus name? Gary? Tom? Jointly? While Gary wasn't actually in the band when they took the name, he is responsible for keeping the band going while other members came and went.

Hahaha! That would be the best reason to bring back gang vocals!

I was going to say it was Kirk's band :)
They obviously didn't need Gary to keep the band going while he was in Slayer, but they also released nothing while he wasn't full time in the band. That doesn't mean he's the only one responsible but I guess it gives him some clout.

I'll email Eric :)

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
I was going to say it was Kirk's band :)
They obviously didn't need Gary to keep the band going while he was in Slayer, but they also released nothing while he wasn't full time in the band. That doesn't mean he's the only one responsible but I guess it gives him some clout.

I'll email Eric :)
Lol I'd be so pissed if Kirk owned the name :tickled:. Yeah Kragen was a really good fill-in.

I'm trying to figure out whether to buy a fitness watch/smart watch. Not sure I'll fully utilise one, not only that but because the damn things track so much these days I'm concerned when I don't listen to it, and I know it will happen, that it will get revenge and kill me in my sleep

Bought the Google Pixel 6 about a couple of months ago and it listens to me quite frequently. A couple times a day I yell at, "No-one asked you google, you bitch!". "Stop listening to my conversation, you bitch!". I am sure I am also on the list to be killed when the machines/computers stage their takeover. :popcorn:

Bought the Google Pixel 6 about a couple of months ago and it listens to me quite frequently. A couple times a day I yell at, "No-one asked you google, you bitch!". "Stop listening to my conversation, you bitch!". I am sure I am also on the list to be killed when the machines/computers stage their takeover. :popcorn:

Fucking WinBlows update did that to me. I usually turn all the telemetry off and I'd turn things like the camera and microphone off so they couldn't be turned back on. But the other day I noticed weird shit popping up in my search results. The clincher was when the wife and I were talking about racing car driver who died more than 10 years ago, hasn't been in the news and we were trying to remember where he did. 20 minutes later I typed "when did" into Google and the fucking thing autofilled the guys full name.

I've known for years that mobile phones listen to conversations when left in their factory settings, but it was the first time I'd noticed Goggle doing it on my laptop. So it was straight into all the settings to turn off all those settings Microsoft want to use to spy on me.

Exodus have always been better than Testament :p

I like Exodus more than Testament and would agree with this statement, although I know Death Angel can bring it as well! Exodus has always been great when I have seen them. The first couple of times I saw Testament, I thought they were adequate, but underwhelming. My most recent time seeing them live was in 2019, and I remember thinking their live performance had improved, haha.

Saw yesterday on FB that the Bay Strikes Back Tour is doing a second leg in the fall of 2022 so who knows, I still might get a chance to see it.