The Whining and Bitching Thread

waif

Sep 7, 2007
Montreal
This is an experiment, I guess. It's also an outlet for the greys, should he need it. Whatever you wanna whine about - job, parents, spouse, kids, siblings, teachers, school, asshole on the street, whatever - do it here. This is a place for rants. Punctuation optional.

I'll go first.
So yesterday it came out that I was planning on spending a significant amount of money at a concert tomorrow - I hadn't been hiding this, btw. I'd been working for months to earn said money. My mom not only flips out because I want to spend a large amount of cash in a short time, which for some reason is a problem for her, but now she's talking about how I should get a part-time job. During the school year, mind you. I said to her, "have you seen my course load for next year? I'm taking all honors and 2 APs and like 8 fucking courses. Where is there time for a job?" She then tells me that she expects me to give up whatever remaining free time I would have - already almost none - to work a part time job. What I didn't say was that I don't call free time "free time," I call it "will-to-live." I've told her repeatedly that I have no problem getting a job over the summer or whatever, but during the school year there really isn't time.
/rant

Btw, am I being a spoiled asshole about this?

This is an experiment, I guess. It's also an outlet for the greys, should he need it. Whatever you wanna whine about - job, parents, spouse, kids, siblings, teachers, school, asshole on the street, whatever - do it here. This is a place for rants. Punctuation optional.

I'll go first.
So yesterday it came out that I was planning on spending a significant amount of money at a concert tomorrow - I hadn't been hiding this, btw. I'd been working for months to earn said money. My mom not only flips out because I want to spend a large amount of cash in a short time, which for some reason is a problem for her, but now she's talking about how I should get a part-time job. During the school year, mind you. I said to her, "have you seen my course load for next year? I'm taking all honors and 2 APs and like 8 fucking courses. Where is there time for a job?" She then tells me that she expects me to give up whatever remaining free time I would have - already almost none - to work a part time job. What I didn't say was that I don't call free time "free time," I call it "will-to-live." I've told her repeatedly that I have no problem getting a job over the summer or whatever, but during the school year there really isn't time.
/rant

Be a man and get a job, you bum. Stop your bitching.

Maybe on the weekends, but she wants me to work during the school week.
I have 30 hours of school a week, plus hw.

I'll go first.
/rant

Dude. Its your mom. Don't let her tell you how to live your life. Unless she's got a damn good reason for wanting you to save your cash and give up your spare time, go ahead.

That reason would be college. I agree with the sentiment - i'm fully willing to work and put money away for college - I'm actually planning on taking a year off after high school to do so - but during the school week...

Um...why not?

I don't know. I've talked to people who have done it and they said it was the worst decision they had made because they got complacent and never went back to school. You might be different, but who knows.

If you're going to go that route, I'd recommend taking a few classes somewhere while working full-time

I don't know. I've talked to people who have done it and they said it was the worst decision they had made because they got complacent and never went back to school. You might be different, but who knows.

If you're going to go that route, I'd recommend taking a few classes somewhere while working full-time

I took 3 years off, best decision I've ever made in my entire life. Now I'm back in school, which I like. As opposed to earlier.

I took 3 years off, best decision I've ever made in my entire life. Now I'm back in school, which I like. As opposed to earlier.

Yeah, I went straight to college. I'm probably going back to school in January for a Master's (so it would be 6 months off from school in that case), but I have to stop being lazy and pay/register for the GMAT, which I need to do this weekend.

I would apply and then defer. Hopefully the college telling me to come to class would be enough. And wanting to get away from my parents, possibly. I agree, it's a risk, but I've never in my life been "complacent," so...

I'm taking a break from education once I get out of 6th form... maybe get a job, hopefully working in a chalet somewhere... I'm mentally exhausted at the moment. I need to figure out what course I'll take at uni, or even if I want to go. It'll probably be creative writing, or an art course of some kind.

What I really want to do though is build computers for a living, cos I'm good at it (well... I've built three) and I love dicking about with electronics. Its a saturated market though...

6th form? Silly foreigners.

Also, there's definitely a living to be made in computer building. There's lots of people building computers, but the market for them is growing and is just gonna increase. Imagine when all the Chinese people need computers...I say go for it.