Themed Mixtape Game

Lamp of Thoth - The Slog 3/10 Is this band a joke band?
Violator - Dead to this World 8/10 This is great.
Motorhead - (We Are) The Road Crew 9/10 Lemmy is god! This is a amazing song.
Overkill - I Hate 7/10 I love Overkill but they have other songs I like better.
Zoetrope - Amnesty 6/10 This is good. I didn't know Zoetrope before.
Spiritus Mortis - The Man of Steel 5/10 I'm not a big doom metal guy but this was good.
Pentagram - Because I Made It (Demo) 3/10 Everything I hear by this band is boring.
The Ruiner - The Bull 4/10 This had some good parts but not my favorite song on the mixtape.
Burning Fallus - Drowning in Bliss 2/10 I don't like this band.

Lamp of Thoth - The Slog
6/10 I shouldn't like this style of music in theory, but I kind of do

Violator - Dead to this World
9/10 Violator kicks ass. I have to thank the game creator for putting this right after the previous track

Motorhead - (We Are) The Road Crew
7/10 Nothing wrong with some Motorhead, not exactly a creative choice but blue collar for sure

Overkill - I Hate
6.5/10 Never really got into Overkill outside of a few songs

Zoetrope – Amnesty
8/10 Kind of digging this. Forgot about this band

Spiritus Mortis - The Man of Steel
6/10 Kind of boring but not terrible

Pentagram - Because I Made It (Demo)
4/10 Hopefully the studio album version of this sounds better. What did they record this on?

The Ruiner - The Bull
7/10 This is p cool. I like the mix and the vibe, the riffs are lacking though. I'd check out other songs by them to look for better riffs.

Burning Fallus - Drowning in Bliss
3/10 Lol the lyrics. They fit the theme but I wouldn't find a reason to listen to it otherwise.

Lamp of Thoth - The Slog 8/10
Man, when the Lamp of Thoth are good, they are good. I should check out their new stuff. Love those ridiculous vocals.

Violator - Dead to this World 5/10
Yep, this is thrash metal

Motorhead - (We Are) The Road Crew 9/10
Non of that downrating for obviousness shit from me here. This one kills.

Overkill - I Hate 7/10
This has enough of that punk vibe that makes old thrash metal actually fun and awesome.

Zoetrope – Amnesty 7/10
See above

Spiritus Mortis - The Man of Steel 8/10
Doom What Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole Of The Law! Finland's "first" doom band fucking rules.

Pentagram - Because I Made It (Demo) 8/10
This song is from the early 70s. What do you fucking expect? Old school as hell and awesome. Eat shit.

The Ruiner - The Bull 6/10
Pretty typical slude/stoner band. Fucking massive, dinosaur-style riffs perfect to slam a few Schlitz to and let that bass rumble in your gut.

Burning Fallus - Drowning in Bliss 6.5/10
Certainly on theme. Fun fucking stuff, but nothing more to say about that really.

Lamp of Thoth - The Slog

This really captures the repetitive inner turmoil of the blue collar existence. Same fucking thing. Work a boring fucking job. It's a statement on the mediocrity, by a bitter intellectual who wants more but won't reach for it. And in typical doom fashion it is muted, trudging, with those vocals really driving the point home with the whining and the unfairness of it all. Bitter and subordinate, it's the slog!

Violator - Dead to this World

A little too broad IMO for the theme. It's really just bitching about capitalism, and I feel like there's a deeper feeling to blue collar specifically of expendability and fuck everything. This isn't broken enough for blue collar lol. There's still a semblence of shouting rebellion, when there should be either hopelessness or joyous abandon and acceptance. Doesn't help I think it's a pretty shit song. Vocalist sounds young, drums are desperate, ew.

Motorhead - (We Are) The Road Crew

God you're lazy and awful. Nobody hasn't heard this song before, nobody dislikes it. For that and the argument that being a gear hauler isn't representative of the usual blue collar experience, I can't give an otherwise great song a good rating. Bob who works at the factory fucking WISHES he was on the road crew dude. He would love to strangle his wife Susan and forget about his two little brats Charlie and Lucy, whom are the only reason he hasn't left. But he's made his choice, dammit he pays his taxes, so the only time he gets wild is one or two beers a night and thrice that on weekends. I'm angry at you for Bob.

Overkill - I Hate

Accurate and annoyed, it makes me think of retail or some otherwise almost wholly customer-service focused minimum wage profession. Even though this does distinctly paint the picture in my head of someone younger, it's charming and actually works. Some angry little 20 year old bagging groceries, smiling sardonically and saying 'fuck you' under their breath, exploding to their friends in song a la this track about what bullshit it is that Gertrude asked for a double bag. Simple and pissy. Childish with charm.

Zoetrope - Amnesty

I had a feeling this wasn't about blue collar - and it isn't. It's about war. What the fuck, lazy ass. I'm not even going to properly review it. And it's a better song than Volator's, but it's even less on theme, so I have to judge accordingly.

Spiritus Mortis - The Man of Steel

It's arguably a celebration of the man swinging the hammer with a smile, swinging the hammer better than anyone else around him and cracking a beer with his perfect ass cheeks welded tightly together by years of hard labor. All the guys at the shop look up to him. A bit vague, yes, but I can see the poetic relevance. Possibly the first track in this list that goes in that opposite, positive direction for the theme. Not to mention it's a great song with superb vocals and in particular riffing is oddly factory like. Bender Bending Rodriguez. I would rate it higher if that idea wasn't so keenly open to interpretation.

Pentagram - Because I Made It (Demo)

Theme as fuck. Ironic too, the idea of making it and hating it. Top of the blue collar chain, was it worth it? Is it worth it? It's as relevant as the track before, the man is excellent in his position, but he could have done something else. He could have more time. He could learn something new. He instead sits atop his mountain of bolts and time clocks, late into the day, past his 8 hours because he's the best and nobody else can handle the problem. Impressive to all but himself, and his neglected family.

The Ruiner - The Bull

Any stoner track, even an instrumental stoner track, just screams blue collar to me. It's a sweaty t-shirt after a long day of work, a cheap beer and maybe a joint in the garage. Having the boys over for cards and just venting, not angrily about the position, but about the fucking dumb fucks who don't know what they're doing when YOU do. And your friends nod in solemn agreement, someone cracking a joke about fucking the owner's wife. Everyone laughs. Next guy's turn to bitch, and another guy grabs another beer. Just pure charming blue collar neither angry nor proud, just the way life is.

Burning Fallus - Drowning in Bills

Excellent vocals, excellent lyrics. It can get elementarily repetitive though, if there had been a bit more creativity this would have done better. But it's definitely a sort of anthem re: the theme, because who the fuck ISN'T drowning in bills? I mean damn you work all fucking week and get your paycheck and still can't afford that stupid ass new chair you wanted. Fruitless endeavors, necessary endeavors.

Lamp of Thoth - The Slog 7.5/10
"Welcome to Goodburger, home of the Goodburger. Can I take your cunting order?"

Violator - Dead to this World 7/10
Cool band, I need to hear much more by them.

Motorhead - (We Are) The Road Crew 9/10
Basically the perfect song thematically by the most blue collar band to ever exist. Decided to deduct 1 point for extreme obviousness.

Overkill - I Hate 6.5/10
"I've got edge!"

"You're about as edgy as a satsuma."

Zoetrope - Amnesty 7/10
Raw, ruthless, I like it.

Spiritus Mortis - The Man of Steel 8/10
Is this actually about Superman? The lyrics towards the end especially make me think not. Either way, like this song. Good for getting pumped for a whole day of laying cement.

Pentagram - Because I Made It (Demo) 7.5/10
What can I say? Pentagram rules and this song makes me think of the little guy achieving something.

The Ruiner - The Bull 5.5/10
The bull, indeed.

Burning Fallus - Drowning in *Bills 9/10
That was fucking amazing. :lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: Carpe Mortem
Did nobody else notice the last track is actually 'Drowning in Bills', not 'Drowning in Bliss'? Just saying, it could have a subliminal impact on how the song is perceived.

I just copied and pasted whichever retard originally fucked it up. Do you assume people manually type the playlist out when they rate it? :lol: