Things you hate about your neighborhood

Loud dog next door. It's a long commute. Other than that this neighborhood is pretty ideal. Forested, quiet except for the dog sometimes. No neighbors on 2 sides. Room to garden. Friendly shopkeeps.

Most of the dogs in my appt. building are old and dying. I really hope buying dogs is no longer cool, like a thing of the past. All the fucking people who had dogs should be sick of it by now ffs.

Where I live suffers from being a poorly-arranged suburb. Not many things are within biking distance, and nothing is within walking distance unless you're lucky. And if you have a car, the traffic is lame when the commuters and kids in school are out, but otherwise fairly empty. It's pretty chill otherwise.

A young couple in the next building constantly has domestic disputes where I can hear the most inhuman shrieks from the girl at 2 in the morning.

I've called the cops once on them and they stop for the night. The fuck?

I've lived in 5 different countries in the last 7 years so I've expanded them enough. I'm here now volunteering for the government for 2 years. It's probably the worst place I've lived, but there are some positives. Cost of living is a joke, the people are impossibly friendly and it's safe, and the language is very easy to learn. It's just so loud, miserably hot and the mosquitoes are insane. I might leave next year, a year early. Haven't decided.

Word. Do you get shit from native people assuming you're rich?

Are you saying that people who vote Republican can't be trashy and/or don't commit crimes?

No I'm saying that Republican Italians running a neighborhood is a good thing in my experience. Definitely want plenty of them around to keep shit in check, seems to make a community safer. Maybe it's a stereotype you're not familiar with though, or something exclusive to my area.

^ Maybe because most people are more inclined to listen to the police instead of strangers?

Man i fucking hate people with that mentality. Unless you're feeling threatened, there is no reason to call the police in such situations. That's like calling the cops because your neighbors dogs are barking or their TV or car is too loud/noisy, fucking pathetic.

Anyone that would jump the gun to call the cops on a neighbor, instead of going next door like an actual fucking neighbor is a little twat in my book and deserve to have their tiny little balls chopped off ... but i'm pretty sure buttface is already castrated.

Man i fucking hate people with that mentality. Unless you're feeling threatened, there is no reason to call the police in such situations. That's like calling the cops because your neighbors dogs are barking or their TV or car is too loud/noisy, fucking pathetic.

Anyone that would jump the gun to call the cops on a neighbor, instead of going next door like an actual fucking neighbor is a little twat in my book and deserve to have their tiny little balls chopped off ... but i'm pretty sure buttface is already castrated.

I'd agree with you in most cases, but it's a bit different when there could be violence involved, which is fairly likely in The Butt's case. How does he know his neighbor isn't going to attack him in the heat of the moment?

But yeah, if you call the cops for every little noise complaint, you're a fucking pussy.

I've never called the cops on a neighbor but I could easily fucking picture myself doing so. It's 2am, I can't sleep, they're being fucking loud. It's 3am, they're still being loud and I'm pissed. Am I really going to use energy and get out of bed, put on clothes and march over there to ask them to quiet down? No way. I'll reach under my pillow and grab my mobile and press a few buttons, but fuck it if I'm getting out of bed.

After reading what I just wrote fuck I'm lazy haha.

No I'm saying that Republican Italians running a neighborhood is a good thing in my experience. Definitely want plenty of them around to keep shit in check, seems to make a community safer. Maybe it's a stereotype you're not familiar with though, or something exclusive to my area.

I think I'm familiar with the stereotype. We see it in popular movies all the fucking time.

In other words: it's good to have a well-established and functioning crime syndicate in your neighborhood because it keeps the other petty and/or racially segregated criminal activity to a minimum. We feel safer with old Italians carrying baseball bats than black teenagers with knives (it's assumed that both have guns already).

From some quarters, it seems. :cool:

But that argument only holds if you make criminal action an absolute: crime is crime is crime, no matter where or when. But crime isn't absolute; crime is only crime in relationship to set legal standards, to which law enforcement institutions are directly related.

We can make accusations against police organization, or law enforcement, by exposing hypocrisy; police commit violent acts, often unprovoked, and this is little different than what criminal gangs might do. But the police are different in that they are a socially sanctioned and historically emergent institution that appears and persists by civil permission and discourse. They may commit what we define as morally, and perhaps even ethically, reprehensible behavior; but they are not a crime syndicate.

From some quarters, it seems. :cool:

But that argument only holds if you make criminal action an absolute: crime is crime is crime, no matter where or when. But crime isn't absolute; crime is only crime in relationship to set legal standards, to which law enforcement institutions are directly related.

We can make accusations against police organization, or law enforcement, by exposing hypocrisy; police commit violent acts, often unprovoked, and this is little different than what criminal gangs might do. But the police are different in that they are a socially sanctioned and historically emergent institution that appears and persists by civil permission and discourse. They may commit what we define as morally, and perhaps even ethically, reprehensible behavior; but they are not a crime syndicate.

Well they may or may not by by the letter of the law (big city narcotics units are stereotyped as crime syndicates by the letter), but I think even in the absence of laws, it makes no sense to speak of a neigborhood full of murder, robbery, etc. as "not having a crime problem", although you will probably say the opposite. :) Much (not all obviously) of what is against the law is so because it is a crime, it isn't a crime because it's against the law.

2 neighbors. 1 freak that pretends to be handicapped so she doesn't have to work and can live on working people's money. She also have two annoying kids who probably never have heard the word "discipline". And the other family are older with 3 full grown children (all of them are 25+ years old but mentally handicapped so they have to live with their parents who're maybe in their late 50's/early 60's) and they have a dog that barks 24hrs a day. I need to get out of here.

I think I'm familiar with the stereotype. We see it in popular movies all the fucking time.

In other words: it's good to have a well-established and functioning crime syndicate in your neighborhood because it keeps the other petty and/or racially segregated criminal activity to a minimum. We feel safer with old Italians carrying baseball bats than black teenagers with knives (it's assumed that both have guns already).

Think that's the first time I've seen you use the word 'fucking', don't take it personally or anything. You're the one who misunderstood my initial post.

Anyways though, yes. I feel safer with wise old criminals than I do with rogue young ones. The old dudes are after big thrills involving big money, whereas a young guy might shoot a 7-11 employee and the chick shopping for the few hundred tops in the register. I am not uncomfortable with the breaking of laws that don't directly affect me, and frankly these guys really give a lot to the community hosting fundraisers and keeping things looking 'pretty'.Sure there might be some sort of 'thievery' going on that affects me in some minor way, but its a pretty nice area surrounded on all sides by shitty areas, and thank god for the mob overlords to keep those gang banging children committing their disorganized crimes elsewhere more than not.

Oh I don't take it personally, I was simply referencing the popular stereotypes that you seem to think are isolated to your community. They're all over the "fucking" place, truly. You can watch HBO series about them.

And I don't think I misunderstood at all. The attitudes you profess in your posts are beginning to form of pattern, I'm noticing; and I was merely translating.

And I know they can't help it...

There's a house on my street with special needs residents, some with severe forms of autism and other disabilities. Sometimes they let out blood curdling screams that are rather frightening at times.

Other than that, no complaints. My son and I live with my mom in the house I grew up in as a child. My son attends the same elementary school I went to and our town in general is relatively quiet and safe.

I'm pretty sure the girl was being assaulted, or else she wouldn't have been making such inhuman screams. "Hurhur don't call the cops when you can get involved yourself"; nice mentality, you fucking inbred trash. Kill yourself.

TB is almost catching up to UA on the stupidity scale! Not quite there yet, though.

One thing I don't like about my neighborhood is that it isn't lighted well enough. I like to run at night but it's almost pitch black in some places, which isn't good.

Why would you get involved in that shit without calling the cops? That's a good way to end up wasting time in court over something that has nothing to do with you.