This is what I've learned so far....

BROKENSPIRIT

STARGAZER
Apr 8, 2006
DALLAS,TX
This being my first Prog Power show I just want to make sure that I have'nt missed any valuable information.
This is what I've learned so far...

You don't have to look to far to find a party, because there's one in every room, most likely.:kickass:
Always buy shirts when you first get there because they sell out fast.:loco:
Don't make fun of the guy wearing a hawaiian shirt and flip flops because this might be Glen:worship:

What else do I need to know??
For instance.. How early do people generally get to the venue to wait in line??

Bring an ample supply of Ben-Gay as you will have some odd muscle twinges from either

1) doing the prog-metal tempo-changing stutter-bang
2) craning your neck to watch the stutter-bang en masse
3) standing for 10 or 11 hours straight

or a combination of all 3.

zekeyou said:
Bring an ample supply of Ben-Gay as you will have some odd muscle twinges from either

1) doing the prog-metal tempo-changing stutter-bang
2) craning your neck to watch the stutter-bang en masse
3) standing for 10 or 11 hours straight

or a combination of all 3.
Funny but true! The stutter-bang isn't as simple as it looks! :lol:

BenMech said:
bring a smile. That helps. Ear protection too.

Man, Timo made me want ear protection last year. Sometimes his voice just hit some level that really hurt....

BROKENSPIRIT said:
This being my first Prog Power show I just want to make sure that I have'nt missed any valuable information.
This is what I've learned so far...

You don't have to look to far to find a party, because there's one in every room, most likely.:kickass:
Always buy shirts when you first get there because they sell out fast.:loco:
Don't make fun of the guy wearing a hawaiian shirt and flip flops because this might be Glen:worship:

What else do I need to know??
For instance.. How early do people generally get to the venue to wait in line??

Unless there will be hawaiian shirt day for the guys like corset night for the girls you can probably bet that Glen will be the only one ready for metal and the beach at the same time :headbang:

-Don't mosh. Even if it's the heaviest song you've ever heard. Chances are you're gonna hurt someone, get kicked out and possibly get punched on the face (if you mosh nearby me and hit me while I'm trying to enjoy the music).

-Don't bring a digital camera that records video, and if you do, don't you EVER try to record a video of the festival. You're probably gonna get caught and get banned from the message board. Not to mention the fact everyone's gonna call you a douchebag afterwards.

-Bring LOTS of money to spend on merch. You're gonna want more than you can and afterwards will realize that you bought less than you should've.

-Avoid buying food at the venue. Burgers for instance are expensive and it takes 45 minutes for them to be ready. I am not exaggerating.

-Don't bring more than 3 items to be autographed at the signing sessions. Don't be the fat bastard from ProgPower V that had the entire Savatage catalog in tape, vinyl and cd, along twenty posters, fourty-five ticketstubs and a bunch of flyers. Oh yeah, he brought his friend's booklets as well.

-Be curteous. ProgPower is time to make new friends and have a good time. Introduce yourself as being the newbie guy, the one in the board, whatever you can. I'm sure when you come back from ProgPower you'll have plenty of new buddies.

-Be prepared to experience the premier concert experience in the USA.

Unless there will be hawaiian shirt day for the guys like corset night for the girls

Lumbergh: And, remember, next Friday is Hawaiian Shirt Day... so... uh... if you want... go ahead and... uh... wear a Hawaiian shirt... and jeans...

Don't mosh. Even if it's the heaviest song you've ever heard.

If you hear the heaviest song you've ever heard at ProgPower, chances are you're not a mosher. :)

Don't bring more than 3 items to be autographed at the signing sessions.

They have rules against this this year.

AngraRULES said:
-- Introduce yourself as being the newbie guy, the one in the board, whatever you can. I'm sure when you come back from ProgPower you'll have plenty of new buddies.

So how will the newbies know who the rest of y'all ARE? :erk:

I know there was some discussion a while back about forum badges, although some folks didn't want to add yet another badge to their already large collection.

Also, a few more items to add to the "What I Learned So Far" list:

1. Mid-September will likely be HOT and HUMID. (After 6 years back in AZ, I know all about HOT, but will have to prepare myself for the HUMID part).

2. Kroger and Borders are both within walking distance of the major hotels.

3. Careful on the stairs.

4. Careful on the stairs!

5. CAREFUL ON THE STAIRS!

booB said:
Lumbergh: And, remember, next Friday is Hawaiian Shirt Day... so... uh... if you want... go ahead and... uh... wear a Hawaiian shirt... and jeans...

... Uh... yeah... I'm gonna need you to... go ahead and... uh... come in on Saturday. And, uh... I'm gonna need you to... go ahead and... come in on Sunday too. Yeah. And... uh... I never got your TPS report. So... uh... go ahead and turn that in too. Yeah.

booB said:
If you hear the heaviest song you've ever heard at ProgPower, chances are you're not a mosher. :)

Lol... agreed. :heh:

booB said:
They have rules against this this year.

Rules? Fuck the rules! I don't follow no fucking... oh... uh... I mean... yes sir... I'll have that TPS report ready right away...

You're from Phoenix? Cool. Me too. It tends to be slightly muggy when we go for Progpower, but nothing stifiling, especially considering the humidity we've had out here the past week or so.

LunaTEKKE said:
So how will the newbies know who the rest of y'all ARE? :erk:

I know there was some discussion a while back about forum badges, although some folks didn't want to add yet another badge to their already large collection.!

Last year we had a thread here on the forum where each of us could post our pictures... So then someone printed them and posted them at ProgPower, each with the person's name and nickname on the board. If everyone wants to post the pictures again, maybe will be easier. I wouldn't mind printing them I guess...

AngraRULES said:
Last year we had a thread here on the forum where each of us could post our pictures... So then someone printed them and posted them at ProgPower, each with the person's name and nickname on the board. If everyone wants to post the pictures again, maybe will be easier. I wouldn't mind printing them I guess...
I did it last year and don't mind doing it again. It would be easier if you all typed you name, forum and/or real on them. That took awhile.