This voice sounds a little familiar...

OMG!!!!! Another monster performance by Tommy! Shame on Lucassen, he obviously chose Tommy because of Kamelot, but he's been a hell of a singer since WITW!

OMG!!!!! Another monster performance by Tommy! Shame on Lucassen, he obviously chose Tommy because of Kamelot, but he's been a hell of a singer since WITW!

Errrr... "Shame on Lucassen" is quite literally the last thing anyone should be thinking at the prospect of Tommy on the next Ayreon album.

Actually, I think I recall someone actually introducing Arjen to SW on his Facebook or Twitter or something asking him regarding that because Mercy Falls was a somewhat similar story to The Human Equation, and Arjen said something like "Hmm, I wonder where they got that idea. I'll check them out" or something like that.

I think it's a little bit much to invite him for an album only with WITW under his belt. The last Ayeron album came out the same year as Mercy Falls, so I'm not surprised it had to wait until now. And you don't know Arjen Lucassen if you think he wasn't aware of Tommy - he digs out the most rare and unknown gems and then installs them in his music when he thinks it fits best - he literally knows everything and everyone in music.

It think it's amazing Tommy is going to sing the lead vocals on the album! Best news of the year. So looking forward to this! :worship:

Actually, I think I recall someone actually introducing Arjen to SW on his Facebook or Twitter or something asking him regarding that because Mercy Falls was a somewhat similar story to The Human Equation, and Arjen said something like "Hmm, I wonder where they got that idea. I'll check them out" or something like that.

That might have been me :)