Thoughts on Cubase 6/6.5

Ericlingus

Prettiest Hair Around
Oct 31, 2006
Hey guys I just recently bought cubase 6.5!(I love zzounds 4 payment option) I was wondering what you guys thought of it. What do you think about the new features like group editing/variaudio/vst note expression? Anyone use variaudio on bass or guitar? I love how you can use iterative quantize on audio now for a more human effect. Has anyone here used it for drums as opposed to slip editing. It's obviously way faster but do you think it sounds as good or close to as good as slip editing? Have you guys used the new drum replacement feature on cubase that turns the audio into MIDI notes? Also, what do you think of the synths that come with cubase 6.5? I'm really liking halion sonic and padshop.

Fuuucking love C6. Beat Detective clone is excellent and a time saver. Group editing for the folders is awesome, too. Variaudio is slightly improved over C5's but I still prefer AutoTune to it. Don't really toy with vst note expression or extra instruments, but iterative quantize is genius and I use it on both audio and MIDI every day.

I don't know for sure because I havent really used cubase 5 but as far as I know there was no such feature for audio. Only MIDI had iterative quantize in the previous versions as far as I know. Maybe i'm wrong though.

Pretty sure C5 doesn't contain it like C6 does. You can set a quantize strength in C6 anywhere between 1 and 100% and it quantizes to the grid based off that rather than just locking it to the grid.

hey Jeff, when editing, do you use the sample editor ever? How often do you use the quantize feature for audio? I tried it on a simple drum groove and I thought it was great.