To Rid the Disease Power Tab question

Wigeon

Wants to be like Mike
Mar 21, 2002
TX
users3.ev1.net
So I printed out the power tab for this great song and have been trying to play it. I've been playing guitar for quite sometime but am having trouble playing the chords when the chorus starts at measure 5. The tab appears correct especially after watching Peter play on the DVD. I guess I just need to practive some more but that stretch on measure 8 gets me every time. I guess it helps that Peter has the longest fingers known to man. Anyone else have this problem, and anyone have the tab to Mike's rhythm part during the chorus?

Assuming you mean the CHORUS, which is m7 in the powertab, Mike plays the same thing! There's only one guitar on the cd, and on the dvd it sounds to me like he's playing the same thing.

Yes, like I said, the chorus (yes m7, not m5, my bad). If you watch closely, Mike is playing at different positions during the chorus as Peter, could be the same notes but I don't think so. Maybe just a simplified version of Peter's arpeggios.

Wigeon said:
Yes, like I said, the chorus (yes m7, not m5, my bad). If you watch closely, Mike is playing at different positions during the chorus as Peter, could be the same notes but I don't think so. Maybe just a simplified version of Peter's arpeggios.
I don't have the dvd, just an audio rip my friend sent me, so I couldn't really help you out there! :(

Yea the power tab is not exactly right. If you watch the TV4 vids you can tell those are not the chords they play... neither peter nor mike.. get on the hub or something and dl and you can probably figure it out.

suislidE said:
BTW wanker, do you have the smallest hard drive known to man or what lol
HUH? No, my hard drive's fine. I just get BANNED from the fucking hub with the message "GET A REAL FUCKIN CLIENT" or something, even though I got direct connect off the webpage and share about 40 gigs of METAL. I hate the admins. Totally lame. Therefore, I can't get ANYTHING off the hub EVER. I am stuck to soulseek. What is this TV4 vid you speak of?

That's a shame wankerness, considering you contribute greatly to the Opeth community in your Powertabs.

Damn im suprised you havent heard of the TV4 vids.. anyway, email one of the admins about it or something. The reason i asked if you had a small hd is cause you said earlier that you dont have the space for that one dvd with them playing the moor.

suislidE said:
Damn im suprised you havent heard of the TV4 vids.. anyway, email one of the admins about it or something. The reason i asked if you had a small hd is cause you said earlier that you dont have the space for that one dvd with them playing the moor.
OH. Well, I have a large enough hard drive, it's just REALLY FULL and I don't have anywhere to move the material. I'm definitely in need of a defragging. :D Anyway, what are these TV4 Vids? ANYONE?

TV4 is a swedish tv station, sort of looked like one of those early morning talk show whatever things. Opeth played to rid blah blah and in my time. the sound was like.. better than any live concert and all of the cams were like 15 feet away and closer.