Tonight we honour the dead

Matt.C

I sit behind the band
Nov 18, 2004
It is now exactly 25 years and one year respectively since two icons of our age died.

John Lennon
and Darrell Abbot

Just in case we forget why we love the music we listen to and why we first picked up our instruments. Take a moment to think about what they did for us and the people that understand and support us in our aspirations.

Both are just important. However, many have fallen both by their own devices and by those of others.

The majority may not be important to you personally, but they all contributed to the development of contemporary music.

'I never tried to walk the walk 'cos the steps are elusive, the membership is too costly and exclusive' - Ian gillan

No. Both are important. One could obviously never compare the impact Lennon had, to that of Dime but to many people they are more relevant.
This is not particularly my personal view, but Pantera did have a large influence on me. That is all.

Iconoclast you are truly an arrogant bastard.

They are both very important to rock & metal fans for their contributions to music, and Lennon is immensely important for his protests against injustice as well. We will all miss them both.

Respect to Dime and John!

Loads of shit to the pants of Iconoclast. Almost made the mistake of putting you to the same sentence with them.