4-10 in no particular order:
Fear is the Weakness
March to the Shore
Our Infinite Struggle
Black and White
Versus Terminus
Darker Times
Borders and Shading

Am I the only one who was a little underwhelmed with Eraser? I just never got the hype with it, musically it's good, lyrically it didn't do much for me, making it about average for them in my book.

The Quiet Place
Trigger
F(r)iend
Come Clarity
Take This Life
My Sweet Shadow
Dawn Of A New Day
System
Evil In A Closet
Reroute To Remain

Haven't heard anything by In Flames past 2006 though :(. Too difficult to pick only 10 songs of the albums that I have of their melomallcore period, I think it's really great stuff, just kinda grew out of it after CC.

Am I the only one who was a little underwhelmed with Eraser? I just never got the hype with it, musically it's good, lyrically it didn't do much for me, making it about average for them in my book.

I really digged Eraser when it came out and still like it a lot. HOWEVER this is primarily because I'm comparing it with the songs on ASOP... which make Eraser look like fucking Hangar 18 or Master of Puppets in comparison :D

In reality Eraser doesn't touch anything pre-R2R, but for new-era In Flames it's very good.

I remember when ASOP came out, I could only listen to Eraser, Tilt, Abnegation, Delight and Angers and Alias, the others I didn't like, but after like a year I got into the album. Compared to other IF albums it is far away from decent, but compared to the current state of metal it's not band, "current state" where american crap ass bands are considered the best, if anders didn't end every lyric line with that whiny melody style singing, and went with SOAPF or CC or any other album style vocals it wouldn't be so hated.

I really digged Eraser when it came out and still like it a lot. HOWEVER this is primarily because I'm comparing it with the songs on ASOP... which make Eraser look like fucking Hangar 18 or Master of Puppets in comparison :D

In reality Eraser doesn't touch anything pre-R2R, but for new-era In Flames it's very good.

I guess Eraser would be my number 4 or 5 from ASOP, middle of the pack on one of their weakest albums for me. On the other hand, MSS, A New Dawn, and I'm The Highway are three of the best songs they've ever done, old or new. To each his own I guess, I know I have a few lawlworthy selections to most people, like Borders and Shading :)

I guess Eraser would be my number 4 or 5 from ASOP, middle of the pack on one of their weakest albums for me. On the other hand, MSS, A New Dawn, and I'm The Highway are three of the best songs they've ever done, old or new. To each his own I guess, I know I have a few lawlworthy selections to most people, like Borders and Shading :)

I don't mind Borders and Shading actually.... the lyrics are pretty awful (though I like the "errors stigmatized in you" line) and the vocals aren't great.... but it's far from the worst song on STYE.

I don't mind Borders and Shading actually.... the lyrics are pretty awful (though I like the "errors stigmatized in you" line) and the vocals aren't great.... but it's far from the worst song on STYE.

"Your face reminds me of a bleak future "

is a really cool lyric line, and the vocals live sounds a lot better than on the CD

"Take a knife and carve it in, want to see your faults as a part of your pretty skin. Everyone has a tragedy, I want you to wear yours in pain. Oblivion can no longer shade you, reminded by the tattered tissue....I will crawl into your vault / pass snakes and old rotten thoughts / leaving a hotbed of virulence / your world inside slowly redesigned." I think there are a lot of good lyrics in this song. I can see a lot of the song being from the person's mind's point of view.

What about this line? "I deny any reminisce of us / I’m on a new mission / I find myself in the future / a trace of the past cannot be found."

"Take a knife and carve it in, want to see your faults as a part of your pretty skin. Everyone has a tragedy, I want you to wear yours in pain. Oblivion can no longer shade you, reminded by the tattered tissue....I will crawl into your vault / pass snakes and old rotten thoughts / leaving a hotbed of virulence / your world inside slowly redesigned." I think there are a lot of good lyrics in this song. I can see a lot of the song being from the person's mind's point of view.

What about this line? "I deny any reminisce of us / I’m on a new mission / I find myself in the future / a trace of the past cannot be found."
Anders is really clever sometimes. Sometimes he just goes for the more personal-ish lyric lines, but some other times he'll go with an awesome metaphor or something else very clever.

Anders is really clever sometimes. Sometimes he just goes for the more personal-ish lyric lines, but some other times he'll go with an awesome metaphor or something else very clever.

Yeah. I like that even when he might be saying something that is simple, he doesn't really say it in a simple way. He uses more clever words that create different images.

ffs, it's like a bullet for my valentine song :D Anders has written great lyrics in the past but don't try to convince me Borders and Shading is one of them. He wrote few lyrics of any decent worth on STYE. R2R and CC have their moments, though, and most of pre-R2R is fantastic.

ffs, it's like a bullet for my valentine song :D Anders has written great lyrics in the past but don't try to convince me Borders and Shading is one of them. He wrote few lyrics of any decent worth on STYE. R2R and CC have their moments, though, and most of pre-R2R is fantastic.

Whatever. They're not emo lyrics. It's not about cutting yourself. But if you don't like them, alright, that's cool. And I don't know Bullet for MY Valentine lyrics but I've heard a few songs and they sound pretty lame just like Avenged Sevenfold.

Whatever. They're not emo lyrics. It's not about cutting yourself. But if you don't like them, alright, that's cool. And I don't know Bullet for MY Valentine lyrics but I've heard a few songs and they sound pretty lame just like Avenged Sevenfold.

BFMV lyrics are probably less emo than Anders tbh :D A7X are pretty gay, but they've got a few decent songs. Chapter Four is very good. Shame they became mega faggy.

This Is My Top 10:

10.Alias
9.Minus
8.Evil In A Closet
7.Versus Terminus
6.A New Dawn
5.Reflect The Storm
4.Dead End
3.Come Clarity
2.Trigger
1.Crawl Through Knives

1. A New Dawn
2. Take This Life (just because hearing this song live is a entirely different ballgame)
3. Darker Times
4. Fear is the Weakness
5. March to the Shore
6. Free Fall
7. My Sweet Shadow
8. Reflect the Storm
9. Evil in a Closet
10. Vanishing Light

This is hard. I can barely think of 10 "new" songs I really like. :D

Minus
My Sweet Shadow
Reflect the Storm
Dead End
Come Clarity (nice solo)
I'm the Highway
Alias
A New Dawn
Fear is the Weakness
The Puzzle

Not a great list at all...

I'm disappointed that Bottled, Scream and Disconnected have not made it to your top list... Songs which have formed melodic death metal as a genre deserve respect, and Disconnected being not only an anthem of old school brutal death metal, but also it's one of the greatest classical poems ever written..