Tori Amos - Katatonia

Frith

Jun 20, 2002
Aveta, Sweden
Reed somewhere a long time ago, that Tori Amos sued Katatonia for the song “right into the bliss”. She claims that the lead guitar has the exact melody as her “Jackie’s strength”. Anyone know what I’m speaking about? I’ve heard her song, cause I like her music allot, and I can agree with her that it sounds pretty the same.:confused:

I've got that song by Tori Amos, and I used to listen to that album very often last year, but actually I've never noticed the similarities between "right into the bliss" and "Jackie’s strength".
I should listen to both of them more carefully...
Now I'm curious to know,if it's true that she sued them, how did it end up?
I know that an italian singer sued Michael Jacksons for having ripped off one of his song, and the italian singer won...I'm still wondering how he managed to win a lawsuit against Michael Jackson...
Speaking of ripp offs, have you noticed that the starting riff of "The Perfect protection" by Subdive sounds like that of "Stalemate"?

listen to the lines on "make me laugh, say you know what you want..." it sound very similar to me...
what is Anders statement about this??

Originally posted by ether

Speaking of ripp offs, have you noticed that the starting riff of "The Perfect protection" by Subdive sounds like that of "Stalemate"?

yes, from the first time I heard "the perfecy protection" i noticed that..
heard anything new from Subdive? I've heard "gasoline" and two other songs i don't know the name of, but to me, "xxx-superstars" is better than the new stuff...

Is the Moospell song from 'Wolfheart'? Cause I've got that on mp3 but I can't recall hearing it.

I'll check it out.

EDIT: Dammit, I haven't got it after all...

Originally posted by Frith
listen to the lines on "make me laugh, say you know what you want..." it sound very similar to me...

heard anything new from Subdive? I've heard "gasoline" and two other songs i don't know the name of, but to me, "xxx-superstars" is better than the new stuff...

Perhaps the chords could be the same, but the style, the rhythm, are completely different, well i mean it happens that some melodies sound very similar, but that is not meant to be done on purpose! This thing about rip offs sueing is so annoying and so stupid!

I don't know much about Subdive new stuff, I checked out the band when Mattias and Daniel still played in ( I could be wrong, but I downloaded the Gasoline video and Mattias plays guitar and not bass on it...)

Opethpainter, yes the singer was Al Bano

Perhaps the chords could be the same, but the style, the rhythm, are completely different, well i mean it happens that some melodies sound very similar, but that is not meant to be done on purpose! This thing about rip offs sueing is so annoying and so stupid!

I don't know much about Subdive new stuff, I checked out the band when Mattias and Daniel still played in ( I could be wrong, but I downloaded the Gasoline video and Mattias plays guitar and not bass on it...)

listen to the vocal-lines... it's not completely different.
but i don't think it's a ripp of, i'm just wondering if this about the suing is true or not...confused:

i think Mattias been playing the bass since he got into the band.
and daniel is not a member of subdive any longer. "kecke" englund is back behind the battery again. Btw, are you from sweden (ether )? ask because i don't know how big(?) subdive is outside sweden...:

well strange that mattias plays guitar on that video...
But do you mean that he's still playing in Subdive?
I'm not from Sweden ( unfortunately:cry:), but I got into Subdive only because I knew that mattias and daniel were former members...
Actually I don't know if they are famous outside Sweden ( are they popular in Sweden ?)

well, my mistace...Mattias IS playing tha GUITAR in subdive, NOT bass...don't know whats got into my head. I know subdive because I live were they live... not to big around here, but i don't know how big they are...
haven't seen the video though...cool??:confused:

Originally posted by Frith
well, my mistace...Mattias IS playing tha GUITAR in subdive, NOT bass...don't know whats got into my head. I know subdive because I live were they live... not to big around here, but i don't know how big they are...
haven't seen the video though...cool??:confused:

Cool that you live where they live! Do you know them personally?
well,their video is nice, I downloaded it from the internet, don't remember exactly where...perhaps on their official site.
So Mattias is still playing in Subdive, if I understood well...

Cool that you live where they live! Do you know them personally?
well,their video is nice, I downloaded it from the internet, don't remember exactly where...perhaps on their official site.
So Mattias is still playing in Subdive, if I understood well...

Can't say that I know them so well, but use to se them (M & F) during my visits at the local pubs etc...

What I know, Mattias is still in the band...as a GUITARIST:D