Towards Dead End (Original Single Version)

HAemlock

Aurora Borealis
May 31, 2009

Loving this version of TDE wich was only realised on two spinefarm compilations (Helldorado & Spinetingler), I've searched for a long time and I still don't find this song on the net ... That's too bad that CoB have forgotten to put it on the Something Wild Re-issue album.
For me this version is better for the instruments (I prefer the vocals on Hatebreeder version), it sounds like the SW Wild version of TDE, with the C# tuning for the guitars ...

Does anybody have this song ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey HAemlock, you can find a youtube to mp3 converter on the net in a click of a button.

Just put the link in, and it'll convert it to an mp3!
Well, I did that but I asked it for a quality Mp3, as that's a conversion of a youtube video, the quality is good, but I think it can can better

goddamn I want his fingers. I know alexi has said that Hatebreeder sounds like it's too well played, like a computer played it or something. but honestly, I don't see what's so wrong in that. there is still so much feeling in the playing, no machine can do that. just a guitar virtuoso.

There's something really cool in the raw sound of something wild. Vocals in this recording aren't that great though.

Thanks for the link, I had never heard this version before.

goddamn I want his fingers. I know alexi has said that Hatebreeder sounds like it's too well played, like a computer played it or something. but honestly, I don't see what's so wrong in that. there is still so much feeling in the playing, no machine can do that. just a guitar virtuoso.

Haha I've never heard that from him. If anything I can agree with his statement from a tone point of view as his leads sounded so thin that they almost resemble an improved version of Gheyz0rz Pro. But played too well, come on... Alexi needs to just get on with the Sinergy :p

Not to start babbling about obvious things I just say I always thought Hatebreeder could have "bigger" sounds all over, as the compositions already expose the music to sounding like Nintendo. That's kind of the low-point of the album. (Particularly Towards Dead End sounds pretty crap on the studio record.)

Thanks for the link, I had never heard this version before.

Haha I've never heard that from him. If anything I can agree with his statement from a tone point of view as his leads sounded so thin that they almost resemble an improved version of Gheyz0rz Pro. But played too well, come on... Alexi needs to just get on with the Sinergy :p

Amen to that.

I can't decide which version i like better, i really dig the lower guitar tone, with the c# but i think that the vocals on the
final version are better. so they should combine them to make the ultimate TDE!

Not to start babbling about obvious things I just say I always thought Hatebreeder could have "bigger" sounds all over, as the compositions already expose the music to sounding like Nintendo. That's kind of the low-point of the album. (Particularly Towards Dead End sounds pretty crap on the studio record.)

Perhaps a stronger tone could have worked, yeah, but I don't know how that'd have affected to the album. Maybe we could have someone in here to do an as pro as possible cover of TDE with the original BT from the bandoke and see how it works, but I still like the original TDE. Although the live version from TW is AWESOME!

I do not agree that EMGs and scooped guitars would make it sound better. I for one really like the tone. It's one ofthe few newer metal albums in which the guitar doesn't sound like shit because more gain and less mids=MORE KVLT.

I didn't find a better mp3 than 192kb/sec (the stereo sounds very crap) for this song

Perhaps a stronger tone could have worked, yeah, but I don't know how that'd have affected to the album. Maybe we could have someone in here to do an as pro as possible cover of TDE with the original BT from the bandoke and see how it works, but I still like the original TDE. Although the live version from TW is AWESOME!

Well it's the same thing for a lot of their songs. It only rarely turns out as good in the studio as the artist's idea. But for me the guitar melody of TDE (album) just sounds extremely annoying. Much better on Tokyo Warhearts with that more punchy sound.