Tragic news for the UM.com community - Lizard Memorial Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm glad to see how much people here loved him, i'm sure he could tell that. that's the only consolation i can find now.
what a cool guy he was, hope noah will always remember that. we surely will.

Jax said:
OMG..I hadn't run into Lizard online here in a long time, but he was a daily part of my life when I first came to UM years ago, and what an awesome guy he was. My condolences to his family and all who cared for him; the world is a little bit darker without him. RIP, sweet man.

That's very much the same for me, Jax, although when he found out about my new band he recently started emailing me and started plugging my band around. He'd been a daily part of my life for a good few years, back on the old SA forum, the new SA forum and on UM. It's sad to now think I lost contact with him for the last couple of years.
Condolences to his family, he was truly a great guy.

Holy cow, Val & Lee, it's so good to see you both (I met you two the same time I met Lizard, on the old SA forum), but I hate the circumstances behind it..hope you're both well! *hugs*

I didn't know Lizard but the announcement really saddened me, and I hope for the best for his wife and son. God bless them! :)

I've thought very hard about what to write here in case his family sees this thread. I've even considered buying them a card. Honestly, I'm still at a loss as to what to say. I almost feel bad knowing they'd see me saying his passing saddens me much more than I ever would have thought it could and how much I'll miss him here because obviously our loss pales in comparison to theirs but I guess it's a testament to what a powerful individual he was that he could have such an effect. We only PMed each other a couple times, and only occasionally shared in some banter in threads at Royal Carnage. I guess for the most part we simply read each others posts. And yet, I still felt a connection with him.

Good-bye, Lizard. I'll miss you.

I do know I'll try to donate something... whether it be $5, or $100... something. A great guy.

I never met the man in person, but lizard was a true friend and I will miss him. I take some comfort in the fact that right now he is hanging out with Duane Allman, probably discussing music, his family, and that bastard Alexander Hamilton.

I never knew this guy but from the sound of things he was definitely my kind of guy. I'm always deeply upset by the passing of someone but to hear about a truely, genuine guy, full of fun, good humour and kindess right here on my virtual doorstep...well, it really gives us a chance to reflect that even though on these many forums and boards we all have to deal with flaming and w@nkers there is a solid core of fantastic people.

I'll miss you man.

Reactions: kayleigh copeland
Lizard will for sure be missed. No matter how bad my day was his posts always made me laugh...

To you Lizard may the Black Gates of Metal Heaven open swiftly for you our brother !!!

\m/ METAL FOREVER !!!!

Richard's family are in my thoughts and have my sympathies.

I remember how his replies to my posts never failed to make me smile. He was such a friendly person who was kind to everyone.

Rest in peace.

RIP Lizard/Richard Burr, this man hardly ever wasted a word and did a large part toward making Royal Carnage one of the most addictive places on the Internet for me. Although I never met him or had any direct communication with him, I greatly appreciated his contributions to UM, as he had great taste in music, was obviously highly intelligent, was able to discuss politics without forcing his beliefs upon others, and of course an amazing sense of humor and way with words. My sympathies to his family and friends.

It's so strange to think that only maybe 2 months ago, me and my friend Mike were enjoying the contents of a lizard package of chocolate, American dip and Habanero Doritos carefully compiled and sent to us hungry Swedes, curious for American delicacies, and now he's just gone. It's pretty terrible that lizard of all people had to go because although I only knew him from Internet forums, he was one of the funniest and friendliest people there, and universally liked by pretty much everyone. Sympathies to the family, and Rest in Peace mate

Status
Not open for further replies.