Truth about Opeth's albums

metal_wrath

I dip my forefinger...
Mar 20, 2006
...in the watery blood
...partly in response to threads bashing certain albums.

All of the Opeth albums in reality are not only up to par, but quite good!

Even some of the duller or less inspired moments are outshined by the awesomeness of the majority of esch album.

Personally I did not like some parts on 'Ghost Reveries' but the rest of the album is brilliant. Some of my favorite songs are 'Hours of Wealth' and 'Ghost of Perdition' although I don't care for some of the singing on songs like 'Ghost of Perdition'.

'Blackwater Park' is also a consistently amazing album though I didn't like some of the production and other minor issues.

'Deliverance' is much different than the earlier work but you cannot ignore the awesomness in the brutal 'Master's Apprentices' and 'Wreath' not to mention some of the mellow parts on this album are very good. Not a big fan of the title track although it is a great song.

etc.. etc...

have you ever eaten chicken pot pie? especially with seasoned chicken, vegetables, and mmm damn that creamy sauce with the butter crusted outer layer. to hell with deserts, it's all about the CPP!

go chicken pot pie!

My statement is true.

Take your "subjectivity" somewhere else.

By any chance do you own this forum?
this thread is even worse than the other one you were bashing metal_wrath. seems like you accept only your own opinion to be true, so why discuss? just type in notepad or something and be happy with that. Or start a blog. You come to a forum to discuss with others not crack wise ass comments like 'My statement is true' and the likes.

Awesome thread, wow thanks for making it. Cause you know, we really need a new thread for every single person's personal opinions on each album. I think everyone that joins the forum should make a new thread about each album, and tell everyone what they think about it, so NO ONE CAN GIVE A SHIT. Seriously, if you think part of Ghost Reveries is weak, great, some people will agree with you, others will disagree.

metal_wrath said:
My statement is true.

Take your "subjectivity" somewhere else.

Every point you made is subjective. The only facts you can state about the music is about the way it sounds. By saying the production is weak on Blackwater Park, or how Deliverance is a weak track, you're just stating your opinion, which isn't objective at all.

yeah, some people like weak/bad production (black metal sometimes), basically all musical opinion is subjective, unless you are saying about their musical theory(like they are playing off time/wrong key etc).

Awesome thread, wow thanks for making it. Cause you know, we really need a new thread for every single person's personal opinions on each album. I think everyone that joins the forum should make a new thread about each album, and tell everyone what they think about it, so NO ONE CAN GIVE A SHIT. Seriously, if you think part of Ghost Reveries is weak, great, some people will agree with you, others will disagree.

Every point you made is subjective. The only facts you can state about the music is about the way it sounds. By saying the production is weak on Blackwater Park, or how Deliverance is a weak track, you're just stating your opinion, which isn't objective at all.

You are wrong.

Either way, this thread is about the consistent lack of worthless albums from Opeth. Feel free to disagree with my statement but stop posting this irrelevant nonsense about opinions.

What am I wrong about?

Either way, this thread is about the consistent lack of worthless albums from Opeth. Feel free to disagree with my statement but stop posting this irrelevant nonsense about opinions.

If you believe that back up your opinion.

Space Butler, I like your sig.

Also, you guys are all wrong. It is scientific fact that the Orchid album surpasses all of their other works in terms of musicianship, arrangement, production, and lyrics. 4 out of 5 doctors agree!

Eh, there's a good point under all this crap - why do people waste their lives on an internet forum when they only like Still Life. At least I sacrifice sunlight for not one, not two, but nine albums.