Tuning...

jerm__

Ezerath
Jul 18, 2006
hey guys, first off i'd just like to say you guys are fuckin' sick haha anyways my question is why did you choose to play in standard C instead of Drop C. The advantage i find in drop C is to lay really fast barred chords instead of playing power chords...

you gotta keep in mind these guys are shredders, they aren't anything like As I Lay Crying or It Crys Today. tuning to standard gives them the oppertunity to do 6 string arpeggios and full scaling on all 6 strings. i guess you could do that in drop c but that would be retarded lol.

hmmmm, my band is death/trash metal and we like it. We're not metalcore but we just find it faster.......thanks though

also bands like children of bodom now tune in Drop C, so do Lamb of God (Drop D), Shadows Fall, In Flames (Drop A Sharp)

i remember reading pete's interview in guitar player, and he seemed pretty against dropping his low e (or low c, really).

i'm sure he could elaborate better about what he said, though. :lol:

jerm__ said:
hmmmm, my band is death/trash metal and we like it. We're not metalcore but we just find it faster.......thanks though

also bands like children of bodom now tune in Drop C, so do Lamb of God (Drop D), Shadows Fall, In Flames (Drop A Sharp)

In Flames started to suck as soon as they started that drop A# garbage, and so did Bodom. Lamb of God and Shadows Fall are both metalcore, so of course they use drop D style tunings.

Mark_Palangio said:
In Flames started to suck as soon as they started that drop A# garbage, and so did Bodom. Lamb of God and Shadows Fall are both metalcore, so of course they use drop D style tunings.

interesting i think that In Flames and Bodom put out both amazing albums with that style of tuning. And LOG and SF aren't really metalcore. They don't play breakdowns after breakdowns like as i lay dying or unearth, but thats just my opinion

heavenablaze said:
any other bodom album >>>>>>>>>>>>> are you dead yet?.

so true. i got used to AYDY but its still pretty crappy for bodom. and lamb of god is very far from metalcore, lamb of god is lamb of god. shadows is slightly metalcore but they are still different and amazing. the black dahlia murder tunes to drop c and they put out good cds so there are exceptions, but very few.

i would say standard any tuning say E, D,C, B would be great as you can do all the dive and pull up with the floyd rose .. which is needed for Metal these days ...