Tuska Festival 2011

The Bringer

Dec 8, 2003
British Columbia, Canada
This will be Amon Amarth's only Scandinavian stop this summer on 24.07.2011.

Amon Amarth, Amorphis, Meshuggah and Turisas as well as some other shit with more being announced at a later date.

Shaping up to be a fucking good day.

Tuska always seems to have a good lineup.
I can't fucking believe I've literally missed it by a day each time I emptied my bank account to go to Finland. It's definitely on the to-do list one day.

Never been to Tuska, thought about going a lot of times, never worked out.

This year I'll do it though!

Hotel, flights and tickets paid and done, ready to go :)

Me and 3 mates from Gothenburg.

Aye, we're going too :headbang: all booked, tickets came through last week. Can't wait.:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Never been to Tuska but we're making this the only festival we're going to in the year.... and probably the last holiday for a while too ;)

So, who's going and also when and where to meet up?

We'll arrive Thursday July 21 at about 1 pm by plane.

We check in at our hotel on Eerikinkatu 24 starting 4 pm.

After that our plan is massive beer drinking, wanna join in?

Sort of plans för Thursday (copied from a PM, might look wierd)

Plans are sort of set for Thursday now, land at 1 pm, take the bus to the central station, then find
Teerenpeli Kampi on Olofsgatan / Olavinkatu 2, between central station and Kamppi.
Also hit Panimoravintola Bruuveri on Fredriksgatan / Fredrikinkatu 63, apparently located inside Kamppi.

Check in to our hotel at 4 pm.

After get a ferry to Sveaborg and find the brewery restaurant Restaurang Sveaborgs Bryggeri (Suomenlinnan Panimo).

When done head back to the main land, go to One Pint Pub on Sinikaislankuja, Ruoholahti.

After this see if we can still stand up :)

How did the new location hold up in comparison to Kaisaniemi?
Kaisaniemi seemed to be a more convenient location.

This was my first time, but it was very VERY easy to go to the festival by metro and a short walk.

Also the space was rather big, not sure how that compared to before.

I was happy at least and just might return next year :)

Guess, I should be better organized and try to save my money for events like the Tuska Festival.

^ I would like to see Tuska in Kaisaniemi if I ever get back over there. Kaisaniemi is a beautiful location and an easy walk to the hostel where I would prefer to stay. :p
Maybe I just like the idea of Tuska in that particular park because I'm pretty familiar with that area of Helsinki. I think pretty much everything in the greater Helsinki area is easy to access by the metro or transit though.