Tuska Open Air (28. - 30.6.2013)

Luoto

Jun 27, 2009
Oulu, Finland
Looks like this is worth starting an own thread ;)

Here's the current line-up:

Friday 28.6.2013
KING DIAMOND, BOLT THROWER, AMORPHIS, WINTERSUN, IHSAHN, ABHORRENCE, LEPROUS, SEREMONIA, TOMBSTONED, CUT TO FIT

Saturday 29.6.2013
TESTAMENT, STAM1NA, DR. LIVING DEAD!, BALTIMOR

Sunday 30.6.2013
NIGHTWISH, ASKING ALEXANDRIA, AMARANTHE, DEATH HAWKS, SANTA CRUZ, KHROMA

More to be announced early next year. Kreator should officially be on the bill soon, based on the word from Nosturi where the band was playing on Friday.

Here's the venue map from last year. Changes are likely but it gives an idea of the surroundings.

e9635380-7e98-4034-ba80-2f78c69887d0.jpg

cool AMORPHIS is the only band im interested on this festival, is it worth paing ticket for whole festival just to see one band ?????

cool AMORPHIS is the only band im interested on this festival, is it worth paing ticket for whole festival just to see one band ?????

A festival is almost always worth it. Usually you find other bands that you will also like - all you need is an open mind ;) Besides, festivals have their own special atmosphere, which is also nice.
Tuska is a nice, well organised festival and has the undeniable advantage that it is in a city and you can go home, sleep in a proper bed and have a hot shower. (things I like), though I would say that it has lost some of its atmosphere since it moved from Kaisaniemi park to Suvilahti. Also there's the club programme, which is also very well worth it. :headbang:
Oh, and of course Finland is also a very nice place to visit :D

cool AMORPHIS is the only band im interested on this festival
Don't forget Abhorrence, probably a once-in-a-lifetime chance to see Tomi K in a pure and unaltered old-school death metal habitat. :headbang: Plus all of what Trin said above. But if the Saturday and Sunday bands don't interest you, a one-day ticket may be a good idea. There's plenty of other things to see around HKI... ;)

well finland is priority to visit for me next summer, but if i can see amorphis thr even better if not fuck it,
tuska is just an option, maybe thr is some other show i can see, any other festival in end of june early july ????

Abhorrence is way too much öykkämöykkä for me this days. But like Tina said, it will be once-in-a-lifetime, and have-to-see.

It´s quite nice, that on the same day Tuska announced Amorphis and Abhorrence, there were tax refund day in Finland. Don´t needed to think where to but those euros. :)

New bands announced today - Kreator, Soilwork and three others I've never heard of. :guh:
Meh!

Twelve bands announced actually, totaling 32 at the moment. More than a third is yet to come I think.

One of the bands announced is Kuolemanlaakso, a project Mikko Kotamäki is involved in. Maybe some other bands of his are a target as well...

I've been to many Tuska's at the old place and the place before that one.
Always a good atmosphere, check out a lot of bands you never liked or heard of, you might be surprised how much you get to enjoy.
I haven't been to the 'new' site yet, I moved back to Australia and getting time off work is difficult, plus I'd rather visit Finland in winter withe the snow.

Right-O! So, who's going to good ole Hellsinki for Tuska? I'd love to meet as many of you, as possible. :D I am considering a BBQ at Seurasaari on Thursday, June 25 in the afternoon, or coffee, lunch, beer, vodka, whatever ... any other day till July 4? I suggest we have ourselves either a BBQ at Seurasaari (Hopeless Sauce included), or a pussikalja in some downtown park? - I am based in Taka-Töölö or thereabouts.
If you're on fb and are friends with Eurynome - I'm the one with the Slavic name and giraffe profile pic - add me, but, pls, tell me that you're from the forum, so I can add you. - I normally don't add random people on my friend list ;) We can arrange something via fb, or on the phone - whenever I get a prepaid Finnish number.

I'm going to Tuska only friday 28th, but I probably appear in Hellsinki at thursday, so I would love to see You!

Too bad for those who were seeing TDEP, of course, but Turisas would be so cool! Have not see them with this new line-up.

Turisas are always fun ;)
BTW, does any one plan on going to Barren Earth at On The Rocks on June 27? - For me a pre-Tuska Barren Earth gig is turning into a nice tradition :D