TWO EARS ONE MOUTH: Feedback on this mix!

Clark Kent

Jan 23, 2011
Hey we just finished recording all instruments yesterday and I made a really quick mix and would love to get some feedback. I'm the main vocalist there and screaming etc. Also the guitarist on the right side. :)

FEEDBACK!! Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the guitars muddy in the intro? Since I'm feeling like it's the bass that's muddy because it's too compressed or something. Vocals are overproduced for sure. Should probably lower the backing vocals to bring it down a little.

You have a nice timbre to your voice and very good phrasing. The song is also memorable. However, I really think you should lose the screams; they suck compared to your singing.

Mix is pretty cool. The guitars stand out in a really unnatural way because they have an insane amount of high mids and highs than the rest of the instruments. I would try some tape saturation on those guitars and bring them down a hair in volume, work on the 3-6khz range, and get the bass up to fill out some low end.

Aww thanks man!! Yeah.. my screamo is a bit Linkin Park-ish which is certainly not for everyone. We might rethink that a bit. :) And thanks a lot for the feedback on the mix. One of my friends also said that guitar are a bit too loud for him so I'll try to fix that.