Ultimate gaming thread!

I bought a Wii just for Manhunt 2, then found out it it was censored to hell. Sold the Wii. Such a dissapointment, loved the first Manhunt. And yeah, Silent Hill 1 and 2 were great. Since then the series has slowly been getting worse though.

I actually got a psp, and got custom firmware, bought the game and hacked the iso to remove the censoring... and the game still kinda sucked! :(

I installed WoW just 2 days ago...I have been avoiding it for a long time, and now I see my fears are justified... its just too addicting!

Weird, almost nobody here mentions Dead Space?!

Good to see how many knows the fallout series here, but Dead Space should be a hit too?

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41718.html

I play a lot of 360 if anybody else wants to add me my gamertag is griev0r. Lately I've been shitting my pants playing Dead Space in the dark, fun stuff.

I mentioned earlier in thread about Dead Space. Absolutely amazing game. I haven't been as scared from a game since I played Silent Hill 1 when I was pretty young.

^ I watched a review of Dead Space. Looks kinda good. But that type of "horror/sci-fi"-game usually isn't my thing.

it's basicly oblivion with guns, if you liked oblivion you'll like this :), but there is still plenty of first person killing, just with some rpg elements, plus you can use mini nukes and set off large ones, its friggin great, any questions PM me and i'd be happy to tell you whatever you want :)

I will soon have Fallout 3 on ps3 AND pc...! If only time wasn't a factor!

Anyhoo, some of my older friends who LOVED Fallout 1 and 2 say Fallout 3 is rather good and you actually do get some of the original Fallout feel out of it. But this is the early reaction..can never truly trust it..heh.

I mentioned earlier in thread about Dead Space. Absolutely amazing game. I haven't been as scared from a game since I played Silent Hill 1 when I was pretty young.

Yeah, the only game close to scaring me these last years have been Condemned Criminal Origins (1)
Loved it!

I'm hoping Dead Space will do some of the same.

Again..if only time wasn't a factor..I'd be a happy man..

The gameplay isn't very related.. explain please.

good auto-targeting system. and the whole game has an oblivion feel to it, like how you can take every item in a persons house down to tin cans, but at the same time its with guns, which is great fun :p

Hah I absolutely hate scary games and I get scared very easily in them. Hell, I cant even play half-life 2 alone or if I dont have any friend to talk to at the same time or so :D When I were younger and I remember that duke nukem 3d came out, I saw bad dreams about the monsters popping out of my computer screen and eating me. But the best / scariest of all was when I played F.E.A.R with my friend. The parts after the shooting when there was nothing at all was as already too scary and for the meant-to-be-scary part.... holybugasaga I nearly pissed my pants everytime those came and I had a friend next to me playing it (I wasnt even playing myself for christ sakes). Thats why I prefer racing /sport games. :loco:

You're really lucky if you get scared by these games if you ask me. It's why we play them in many ways..I love to get frightened in new ways. Blood doesn't do it very well alone with monsters, there has to be more to it. F.E.A.R was good, at least the first. The expantion was rather..just ok. System Shock 2 was really good...fantastic game, but almost ahead of its time. I really hope they make something like it today, when gfx and playability has been improved in general.

Kit, it's just adoring that you got scared by Duke Nuke'em 3d..hahaha!

Just got Fifa09 on ps3 now. Add WoollyMoose if you feel like it. Can't get enough fifa friends ;) (please send a message with your nick from the board..I don't add anyone..just the whole Katatonia message board...yup, that sounds rather weird indeed...but just not to loose all control..heh)

System Shock 2 is pretty.. shocking at times.

Some parts in F.E.A.R just scared the shit out of me. Even STALKER had some pretty scary moments.