Upcoming gigs in Melbourne

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

New Metal Member
Apr 14, 2001
Just thought I'd post up a few Melbourne gigs that are coming up in case anyone wants to see any. I know Ralphe wanted to know when the next Nightcrawler is on (although they are having some problems at the moment and I'm not really sure how good this next show will be! The last one was awesome but then they kicked out the lead guitarist who rocked and now theres all this bitching happening, I'm not expecting much of a crowd!)

Friday 18th July (The Green Room, Elizabeth St.):

The Deadthings - "Graveyard Rock & Roll", kinda Murderdolls meets Motley Crue/Faster Pussycat
The Sebasrockets - AC/DC meets Motley Crue with a touch of punk
The Devil Dolls - Glam/Shock Rock with chicks I think
Grave Secrets - Horror glam rock like The Deadthings

Saturday 19th July (Central Club Hotel, Richmond):

Pegazus - ah I think you all know them.
And some other support band...

Friday 25th July (Breakers Metal, Moonee Ponds):

Manic Opera - Progressive rock/metal
Phantombola - Power Metal/Hard Rock

Saturday 26th July (Barley Corn Hotel, Collingwood):

Nightcrawler - Heavy metal tribute show.

September 6th (Central Club Hotel, Richmond):

MONSTERS OF ROCK NIGHT!

Kisstroyer - Kiss Tribute Show, '70s era costumes/lineup
In Halen - Van Halen Tribute Show
and a Bon Jovi Tribute Show as well, don't know their name

September 13th I think (The Gershwin Room, The Espy):

Kissteria - Kiss Tribute Show, 1980 "Unmasked" era costumes/lineup (Eric!)
with special guests The Shine - Modern Glam Rock

Some great shows! I should really make an effort to get up to Melbourne for at least one of those in the coming months.

Thanks Trent! :headbang:

I can't wait for Monsters Of Rock! That's such an awesome idea, having a bunch of tribute bands together.

There's other cool ones in Melbourne too like Thunderstruck (AC/DC), War Pigs (Black Sabbath), there's a Guns N Roses one, can't remember the name but they are a tribute to Appetite For Destruction.... it'd be awesome to have a huge night with tribute bands of Kiss, VH, Bon Jovi, Guns N Roses, AC/DC and Black Sabbath all together, that truly would be a Monsters Of Rock except with fake versions of the bands! HAHA!

I'll definitely be at this one, and also definitely at Kissteria... best tribute show ever :)

Oooh just found out that Monsters Of Rock is now at the Hi-Fi Bar!!! COOL! Big stage and last time Kisstroyer played there they used pyrotechnics and everything!

Nightcrawler!
can't make it that night Trooper.the biggest rugby game of the year Wallabies V All blacks on that night here in Sydney(otherwise i would have been on the plane for sure)definitely let me know about the next nightcrawler gig!

Monsters of Rock looks like it will be a geat night.

Kissteria alway put on a great show!

They'd be afraid the support will draw a bigger crowd than themselves. And they'd be right too.

Went to the glam rock gig last night at The Green Room.

I got there late and missed the first band... 2nd band was Devil Dolls, THEY SUCKED! I sat there watching "Evil Dead" on the TV screens instead and trying to block out the horrible singer's voice. YUCK. One of the worst bands I've ever seen.

The headlining band The Sebasrockets who played last also sucked. Well I only heard one song and left.

However, The Deadthings were really good and put on a great show. They all paint their faces like they are zombies (except the singer) and wear blood splattered shirts and stuff haha! They sound like Murderdolls without the shit vocals and shit lyrics, the vocalist Julian has a great voice for it. He can do everything... one minute he sounds like an '80s glam singer, next minute he's all aggressive and almost thrashy sounding, then he'll pull out a big high metal scream haha! And he had his mic stand painted like animal fur with a scarf hanging from it, and strutted around like a cock rock star, he rules haha!

Spawny you'd probably like them. They sound alot like Murderdolls musically and also the songs (666 Ways To Die, Pleased To Beat You, Welcome To The Horror Show, Kill For Thrills, Trick or Treat, titles like that hehe), except the vocals are MUCH better with more variety and more melodic, and the lyrics aren't gay. Meaning that they don't just scream MOTHERFUCKER!!! all the time (well at all lol).

They also covered "Knock 'Em Dead Kid" by Motley Crue, and later in the show they said how one of their all time favourite heavy metal bands has just reformed with the metal god, and covered Living After Midnight :)

I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not but I had a ball :)

It's brainless but heaps of fun :) I'd like it better with less punk influence though and more of the metal/glam/Alice influence. But it was still cool :D

Goreripper said:
Hey Ralphe, how come you weren't at the Broadway last night mate?

Was that Tyrant Goreripper?I knew about the gig and was keen to go but midweek gigs are a killer for me(have to get up at 5am for work) and i was so exhausted last week due to working long hours that i decided to stay home and sleep instead

The Trooper said:
Spawny you'd probably like them. They sound alot like Murderdolls musically and also the songs (666 Ways To Die, Pleased To Beat You, Welcome To The Horror Show, Kill For Thrills, Trick or Treat, titles like that hehe), except the vocals are MUCH better with more variety and more melodic, and the lyrics aren't gay. Meaning that they don't just scream MOTHERFUCKER!!! all the time (well at all lol).

They also covered "Knock 'Em Dead Kid" by Motley Crue, and later in the show they said how one of their all time favourite heavy metal bands has just reformed with the metal god, and covered Living After Midnight :)

They sound good :) But you really need to stop your complete narrow mindedness about The Murderdolls, theres a lot more to them than their outfits Troops :)

What do you mean stop my complete narrow mindedness about them??? I didn't even mention the costumes then. I've heard the whole album now because I borrowed it off someone. I said I like them except for the vocals and lyrics which are gay (some of the lyrics are cool though), and The Deadthings don't have the gay vocals and lyrics.

So tell me Spawny, how was I being narrowminded about them? I really wanna know...

Do I really have to dredge up that post where you said they were good because they looked like Motley Crue, but their music sucked, yet you only heard one song? :)

I know about then, duh lol. I'm talking about this:

But you really need to stop your complete narrow mindedness about The Murderdolls

Tell me how I was being narrow minded then? How have I not stopped the narrow mindedness or whatever?