Urban Breed leaves Bloodbound

Curufin

Kind of a big deal...
Aug 19, 2002
Nottingham, NH, USA
www.curufin.com
From Blabbermouth:

Vocalist Urban Breed (ex-TAD MOROSE) has officially left BLOODBOUND, the Swedish metal band also featuring Fredrik Bergh (STREET TALK; bass, keyboards and backing vocals) and Tomas Olsson (lead and rhythm guitars). "I've thought about this for some time and I've decided not to let Tomas and Bergh have any more of my time," Urban said in a statement. "The gig in Gothenburg [on August 8] was therefore the last thing I did for BLOODBOUND. (If it wasn't for Pelle [Åkerlind, drums] it would have been Norrtälje [on August 5].) Starting today, it's finally possible to focus entirely on my album."

BLOODBOUND's debut album, "Nosferatu", was released in Europe in February via Metal Heaven. The CD was recorded and produced by Tomas Olsson and Fredrik Bergh. This ambitious project took over one year to finish and "not a single track on the album is less than one hundred channels!" according to a press release. "On 'Nosferatu' the band is combining the musicality and the classical elements of bands like IRON MAIDEN, JUDAS PRIEST and HELLOWEEN!" the press release adds. The album cover was created by Mark Wilkinson, who has previously designed covers for bands like IRON MAIDEN, THE DARKNESS, JUDAS PRIEST and MARILLION.

"I've thought about this for some time and I've decided not to let Tomas and Bergh have any more of my time"

With a quote like that, your solo album had better be good, buddy!

Curufin said:
From Blabbermouth:

"I've thought about this for some time and I've decided not to let Tomas and Bergh have any more of my time"

You are a second tier vocalist, at best! Gimme a break. Damn right the solo project better be good. Pick something and stick with it...

rockyracoon said:
You are a second tier vocalist, at best! Gimme a break. Damn right the solo project better be good. Pick something and stick with it...

Awaiting the fireworks.

/me pops some popcorn - THIS oughtta be good.

I really like Urban's singing, and MAYBE there's stuff going on behind the scenes with TM & Bloodbound that we don't (& won't) know about, that affected his decision. Jeeze, give the guy a break........

J-Dubya

J-Dubya 777 said:
/me pops some popcorn - THIS oughtta be good.

I really like Urban's singing, and MAYBE there's stuff going on behind the scenes with TM & Bloodbound that we don't (& won't) know about, that affected his decision. Jeeze, give the guy a break........

J-Dubya

We all know J-Dubs doesnt REALLY get rolling till after a few pots of coffee...

And I assume there's always info that stays behind the scenes...

I think Urban is one of the best vocalists out there. I also have only the information I see on these posts concerning the parting of ways, so I won't try to speculate. I wish all parties involved good luck.

Bryant

rockyracoon said:

Hey Rocky wanna watch me pull a rabbit out of your ass!!

Dude one word.. REHAB

Get it, now, you obviously on mass drugs

Bear

I hope someday people on this board will learn to separate being buddies with someone from being a fan of someone's work. Urban was really good in Tad Morose, but I thought Bloodbound sucked. He's an overall good singer, but I still haven't seen what the hype is all about. I really really hope he proves me wrong on his solo album.

Bloodbound was, IMO, one of the best melodic albums of last year. I was utterly astonished at how good it actually was. Surprise of the year for me, and now a sad note that they won't continue with Urban.

AngraRULES said:
I hope someday people on this board will learn to separate being buddies with someone from being a fan of someone's work. Urban was really good in Tad Morose, but I thought Bloodbound sucked. He's an overall good singer, but I still haven't seen what the hype is all about. I really really hope he proves me wrong on his solo album.

My comments have nothing to do with being friends with Urban, he is a cool guy and great to hang out with but his music is what this is all about and that is great that you have an opinion about Bloodbound but I 100 % disagree with you. I think his vox on Bloodbound showcase his talents seven more than he ever did with Tad is some degree. We cann pick it apart but I refuse to go that direction...

Bear said:
My comments have nothing to do with being friends with Urban, he is a cool guy and great to hang out with but his music is what this is all about and that is great that you have an opinion about Bloodbound but I 100 % disagree with you. I think his vox on Bloodbound showcase his talents seven more than he ever did with Tad is some degree. We cann pick it apart but I refuse to go that direction...

Hey, I never said his work on Bloodbound was bad! I didn't like the product overall, but his vocals were the only good thing in the band IMO! You just made it sound like you couldn't separate the friends from his work thing, that's all! If we're clear, we're good!

Curufin said:
From Blabbermouth:

That's true. I finally got "Nosferatu" and LOVE it! Good luck to Urban and Bloodbound, respectively.:cry:

Bloodbound was originally intended as a side project, but it got a lot more popular than was foreseen... I think Urban's quote reflects the fact that it was run like a project and not really a democratic band. But take it however you want. :) Of course there's more stuff behind the scenes; there always is, isn't there?

Personally, I'm more excited about the "new band" he referenced. He's played me some stuff, and I like it a LOT more than Bloodbound. I like Urban's voice, but obviously, other people have different opinions. Nothing wrong with that.

Shaye