"V" - The Visitors are here!

Stingray11214

OSA Triumvir
Oct 21, 2005
OK, who is watching this? Our friends make their grand return after a 24-year wait. So, your thoughts on the first episode?

I saw the original 2-episode miniseries on TV back in the 80's and it made quite an impact on the young sci-fi geek I was. It was one of the better sci-fi stories ever made, IMO. Unfortunately sci-fi wasn't the thing here on that decade any more, the first Star Wars hype was over when "V" hit the screens. And if my memory serves, they cut a few minutes off due extreme violence and viewed the show around midnight. I never saw the extended series, I don't even know if it was ever shown on TV here.

Ten years later sci-fi hit mainstream again along Independence Day -movie which was a big hit in theaters, but which IMO was bombastic crap. Even so, ID and later the new parts of Star Wars built a new generation of sci-fi fans which wasn't a bad thing. Bad thing is that usually warming up any old hit movie/series ends up in a failure. Maybe "the golden memories" are to blame for building up too high expectations which then will turn into (sometimes unjust) disappointment.

That said, I haven't got a clue yet when the new "V" episodes will be seen here, usually it takes at least 6-18 months for a new American TV series to arrive at our national channels and not everything will ever fit in. Maybe "V" will be shown next spring or autumn season, else I have to wait for the DVD release.

That said, I haven't got a clue yet when the new "V" episodes will be seen here, usually it takes at least 6-18 months for a new American TV series to arrive at our national channels and not everything will ever fit in. Maybe "V" will be shown next spring or autumn season, else I have to wait for the DVD release.

Well, Petri, do I have news for you! Do you have a PC? Well, if you do, ABC is replaying the series online! You can watch it 4 months before it appears in Finland!

Da Link: http://abc.go.com/shows/v/

Thanks Ray, but it says "Due to international rights agreements, we only offer this video to viewers located within the United States".

Buutttt... I've got my ways to get my hands on the new (and old) the episodes... Isn't the web a wonderful thing, lolz