Vader-Impressions In Blood 2006

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
895b729fd7a0f5b4470ad010._AA240_.L.jpg

4/5

I’m new to the Vader fan club, I discovered them about two years ago, after growing tired of the some old, tired and boring power metal and the lack of decent thrash metal releases. I was searching for something with bite that punched you in the teeth and that demanded to be heard. Well, I found that along the way in Vader. When I heard that they had a new record in the works I geeked. After hearing their last effort The Art of War I wanted to hear what they would come up next. While they haven’t conquered new territory with Impressions in Blood they have become the most brutal death metal band in the genre with this record. That title was held by the mighty Decide for a couple of months that is until Impressions in Blood came along.

To say that Impressions in Blood is death metal on a combination of steroids and amphetamines would be an underestimation. Granted that combination would have been lethal or made any other band combust, but Vader harvested that power and energy to summon the demons within and record their most vicious effort to date. I gave this album many a listen in my car before sitting down to write review (which frankly, don’t think gives the album justice), I would suggest you watch the speedometer, you will find yourself exceeding the speed limit. It’s death metal’s answer to a driving record by an 80’s hard rock band, like Scorpions’ Blackout or Love at First Sting, just roll down the windows and drive. Fair warning has been given. Impressions in Blood is a disc that all death metal fans will find themselves enthralled with, yes even if you’ve never been a fan.

SIXXSWINE

1. Between Day and Night (Intro)
2. ShadowFear
3. As Heavens Collide...
4. Helleluyah!!! (God Is Dead)
5. Field of Heads
6. Predator
7. Warlords
8. Red Code
9. Amongst the Ruins
10. They Live!!!
11. Book