Vanden Plas vs Circus Maximus vs Redemption

Which of these bands do you like best?

• Total voters
Mazda = lame
Did you buy the Dream Evil special edition? Maybe that's the problem. :loco"

I had a Speed6 that was one of the best cars I've ever owned. My friend who' owned nothing but Beemers, also ranks his Speed6 ahead of all of them. The wife has a Mazda3 GT... it's awesome. Professional reviewers are gaga over the 3, and the user reviews are through the roof.

I just had my catalytic converter be clogged for the second time in 6 months only this time it also decided to assist in sending a bunch of pressure back to the engine cracking the 4 th piston.
Stop peeing in your radiator.

Mazda = lame

I just had my catalytic converter be clogged for the second time in 6 months only this time it also decided to assist in sending a bunch of pressure back to the engine cracking the 4th piston.

It's the third time that I see someone making a comment about liking a certain car and/or buying a certain car and you responding with a negative comment about it. I have a feeling you're afraid of cars, new cars or people liking cars. :lol:

But since you touched on catalytic converter clogged, my Saturn's catalytic converter is also clogged and I really don't want to replace it. Saw a product online that says it'd "take care of the issue", but I highly doubt it.

I had a Speed6 that was one of the best cars I've ever owned. My friend who' owned nothing but Beemers, also ranks his Speed6 ahead of all of them. The wife has a Mazda3 GT... it's awesome. Professional reviewers are gaga over the 3, and the user reviews are through the roof.

All I know is my wife likes her 3. Lots of Zoom Zoom. I haven't met too many Mazda owners who don't like them.

Everyone's taste varies but I like all 3 bands giving Circus Maximus the edge because of their vocal arrangements but VP has an outstanding catalog and have consistently delivered great music. CM will need to do a few more great albums but I expect they will. In spite of the love for Ray Alder, he doesn't currently have the vocal chops of the other two bands so Redemption is last for me. Overall, their music is very well constructed but doesn't have the vocal edge to put them at the same level but I like them all the same.

Went with Vanden Plas without hesitation - can't stand Circus Maximus' vocals (or Pagan's Mind's, for that matter), and I like Redemption well enough, but I've also been actively listening to VP for over ten years now, which gives them a seriously unfair advantage.

Hmm...I'm surprised how far behind Redemption is. Then again, I know there are a lot of Circus Maximus fanboys (and) girls on this forum, so I'm not surprised. At least Vanden Plas is first though.

Hmm...I'm surprised how far behind Redemption is. Then again, I know there are a lot of Circus Maximus fanboys (and) girls on this forum, so I'm not surprised. At least Vanden Plas is first though.

I am sure there are many out there who haven't got the new VP release yet as well. The Seraphic Clockwork is mind-numbing. I think it could sway some on the fence people who didn't vote. I have been forcing myself to listen to other stuff so I won't wear the thing out too quickly.

Bryant

I am a big fan of all three bands, but it seems like alot of votes have been based on VP longevity as a basis for voting for them as numero uno. As you all know, Ray and Fates (and John Arch) practically invented the genre. I know Redemption hasn't been around too long but when Ray is involved his group will always get my vote.

I am a big fan of all three bands, but it seems like alot of votes have been based on VP longevity as a basis for voting for them as numero uno. As you all know, Ray and Fates (and John Arch) practically invented the genre. I know Redemption hasn't been around too long but when Ray is involved his group will always get my vote.

It is one of those hard things to really judge when one band has put out a lot more material than the others, that's for sure. You almost can't compare it at this point. Maybe once the others have put out more material it can be a debate.

I LOVE Circus Maximus but I'm also a fan of Vanden Plas - the Seraphic Clockwork is freakin' OUTSTANDING!!!! (And I'm determined to get my hands on a copy of Ludus Danielis after watching the video - WOW)

I do like Redemption's lastest - Snowfall... - but everything prior to that did nothing for me..

But if I had to choose - its Circus Maximus by the SLIGHTEST smidge over Vanden Plas..

(I do put my two fer in for - why do we gotta choose!?!?!! :) )