Video games with Metal music

Darkwolf

Dark Riff Hunter
Dec 30, 2008
Where ever I may roam
Name some video games with kick ass metal music in them.

> Quake 1 or 2, cant remember but the song that plays on the first level rocks. Rumor has it that it was done buy NIN.

> Cube, this is a free 1st person shooter video game for the iphone / ipod touch. The intro song is great.

Quake 1 music was done by Trent Reznor of NIN (Hence the NIN logo tribute on the nailgun ammo crates:p). Yeah I always enjoyed the intro song too though. Another game that had industrial-style metal was Descent 2, the soundtrack alone was worth buying the game.

Ahh I must look further into this

dude, if your pc can handle it...dl winamp get in shoutcast radio and rock some chronix aggression while u playing..!

OMFG Hello? Mcfly? :lol: The Guilty Gear series! From the first
incarnation on the PSone (an absolute classic imho!) to the current next gen one's on the PS2 & Wii, the Guilty Gear franchise has always had Badass Metal music & killer shredding!
Lest we forget too, that some of the Characters were based on real Rock & Metal personas! For example, Ky Kiske (Kai Hansen of Gamma Ray,Formerly Helloween & Prmal Fear!) (Michael Kiske-former vocalist of Helloween) Testament(an obvious reference to
Chuck Billy & the band Testament!) Millia Rage(an obvious reference to, one of the more underrated, but still incredibly Badass old skool Thrash metal bands, Melliah Rage!) Axl Low( another obvious reference to Axl Rose of GnR!) Dizzy( GNR!)
I could go on, but I think you get my point! Also let me add,that ALL of the GG games have been great (well except for Isuka! Let's just forget they even made it!:erk:) So if y'all haven't
played any of these games, then wtf are you waiting for?! There probably all dirt cheap now & the soundtracks are just Fuckin' Killer!!!!!:headbang::kickass:

Dude, Guilty Gear is a masterpiece. It's practically a one-man project - Daisuke Ishiwatari designed the characters, wrote the game concept, composed all the music and even voiced a couple of characters.

No one mentioned Guitar Hero?

Blizzard once had a game called Rock n Roll Racing and it had a heavy metal sound track, one song I remember was Paranoid by Sabbath.

Grand Theft Auto series usually have metal.

But for just a regular game, Tribes II had a metal-themed soundtrack, Red Alert (hell march!).

Trying to think of others but I can't.

I can't believe no one mentioned this:

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - One radio station called "VRock" plays nothing but hard rock and metal, including Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax and Tesla. Plus, the game has a Scottish hair metal band called Love Fist (based on elements from Spinal Tap).

Does anybody remember the game DOOM? That game has a metal kind of theme tune. Epic FPS, even though it's 14 years old. If it wasn't for DOOM and Wolfenstein, There would be no Halo or COD. Put it that way.

I remember all these games you are mentioning, I enjoyed playing most of them. Especially Guitar Hero and GTA: Vice City. I recently got Guitar Hero 5, and it's a great game, just so you all know.