Video Games

Been playing Little Big Planet. Pretty sweet game. Must have been a pleasure to make for the dev team. I think my next purchase, whenever my next lapse of thriftiness comes, is probably gonna be God of War 1 and 2 for PS3. Didn't have a PS2 back in the day and I always regretted missing out on those (and Shadow of the Colossus).

Has anyone played the Assassin's Creed games? I am usually a sports gamer unless something catches my interest like the Viking: Battle For Asgard game a couple of years ago. But I have not played Madden in a month and really do not feel like playing it at all right now.

I am currently downloading some demos on the PS3. Uncharted 2, Dante's Inferno, Wolfenstein, Bayonetta and Trine.

Assassin's Creed II looks bad ass, but unfortunately there is no demo for that. I was wondering that if I decided to buy that, should I play the first installment before the second one?

^^I played the first installment, but not 2. My friend has played both and absolutely loved the 2nd, saying that it is simply superior in every way. I can see that considering the first game, while fun in its own right, was incredibly repetitive, lacked any sort of solid story, and was pretty limited in combat. That being said, it is still a game worth playing, though you don't need to know what happened in the first one to understand the 2nd.

I say if you've got the money and time go for the first one then the second, but if you don't, just go for the second. You'll probably get the same sort of satisfaction and then some from the second than you would have got from 1.

BTW just beat Mass Effect 2. Amazing. About 40 hours into Dragon Age: Origins and I'm at like 40%. This game is so ultimately sick and kvlt

Yeah, my concern was if any stories from the first one were relevant to the second. I will just get the second at some point.

Dragon Age looks neat, but no demo for that either.

I played the demos for Dante's Inferno and Wolfenstein. Wolfenstein is just really weird, definitely not something that I would be into. Dante's Inferno, however, is right up my alley. I am going to play the other demos in a bit.

I thought the first one was just OK and that the story for the 2nd one seems so unbelievably awful I don't want to give it a try.

Bayonetta is SO much fun. It never gets old summoning an iron maiden and kicking your opponent into it. Take that bitch!

I am awaiting the arrival of Assassin's Creed II in the mail. Hopefully the weather will not cause a major delay. I was hoping to have it by the weekend, but at least before the mail week is through.

I played the demo for Uncharted 2 the other day and I will definitely be purchasing that sometime. Correct me if I am wrong, but the first game's story does not connect with the second, does it? I want to play the first one sometime, but I would probably play the second one first, just because it is the current release. The gameplay was very fun.

Has anyone heard of Heavy Rain? I saw it on IGN's main page and clicked on it. It seems like a very interesting game to check out. You take control of four characters in the game and apparently make decisions for them that will effect the outcome of pretty much everything. The demo is supposed to be available on the Playstation Network tomorrow (11th), so I will be checking that out. It sort of reminds me of a demo I played for Siren: Blood Curse a couple of years ago. Not sure if anyone ever played it, but it seemed like it would have been fun. One of those horror video games.

I am awaiting the arrival of Assassin's Creed II in the mail. Hopefully the weather will not cause a major delay. I was hoping to have it by the weekend, but at least before the mail week is through.

I played the demo for Uncharted 2 the other day and I will definitely be purchasing that sometime. Correct me if I am wrong, but the first game's story does not connect with the second, does it? I want to play the first one sometime, but I would probably play the second one first, just because it is the current release. The gameplay was very fun.

Has anyone heard of Heavy Rain? I saw it on IGN's main page and clicked on it. It seems like a very interesting game to check out. You take control of four characters in the game and apparently make decisions for them that will effect the outcome of pretty much everything. The demo is supposed to be available on the Playstation Network tomorrow (11th), so I will be checking that out. It sort of reminds me of a demo I played for Siren: Blood Curse a couple of years ago. Not sure if anyone ever played it, but it seemed like it would have been fun. One of those horror video games.

Heavy Rain demo was awesome (it actually leaked a weak before it was supposed to come out on the PSN), but the trailer that came before was horrifically bad. 4chan had a field day with it for a long time.

Uncharted 2 doesn't exactly follow it's predecessor, but you're best off playing it before playing 2. Otherwise you may miss bits and pieces and not understand certain things. On top of that you will be sorely disappointed playing 1 because 2 is heaps better.

I was intrigued by Heavy Rain before the demo, but I needed to test it out before I made a final verdict. After playing the demo, I will definitely get it at some point. If the rest of the game is entertaining enough, it has the most replay value ever.

I purchased Assassin's Creed II on Saturday and I am loving it. I enjoy the free running system, although I get carried away sometimes and end up climbing buildings far too high than I need to go, ha. I will probably play the first one sometime just for the story because I am quite sure that the second game blows the first out of the water as far as gameplay is concerned. Leonardo Da Vinci is a nice character in the game. Pretty fun.

I finished Assassin's Creed II earlier in the week and then I bought the first one and the first Uncharted.

I just started the first Assassin's Creed today. I definitely should have played that before the second one because AC II is legions above the first one. If the first one threw anyone off like I think it may have, the second one polished everything good about the first one and made storylines and other characters much more interesting. Well, they made other characters part of the actual story. Up to the point that I am at, it is pretty repetitive and there are no other characters with any depth besides the master. Thank freaking goodness that the second one has a fast travel station because having to travel back through the kingdoms is so fucking tedious.

AC II was very enjoyable and I am excited for the third game. I heard that the first one was supposed to be groundbreaking and failed, but the second one, like I said, they really refined everything and the feel is much more open.

I am sure some of you have heard about the older versions of the PS3 basically being shut down. I am hoping that the trophies come back because I earned a platinum for AC II and they were a few trophies that took time that was fun to do once, ha. But for newer games, you cannot even get in at all. It is pretty crazy and quite serious for such a large company to have something like this happen. Hopefully they get it fixed soon.

Indeed and that is fantastic. I just put in AC II and my trophies were all gone. It just said 0%. I was livid. I quit out of the game and checked again and they were all there! It is almost bad that PS3 introduced trophies because now I will have to possibly complete every trophy in a game that is not ridiculous. I heard that there was a cheater and quitter trophy for Heavy Rain because someone quit during a mission or something. That is dumb, ha.

HAHAHAHA this problem was so hilariously dumb. Apparently it was caused by a bug that spawned from our PS3s not recognizing the leap year. :loco:

Started FF 13 very skeptically but it's slowly turning into one of my favorite games of the last several years. The customization is pretty deep, the combat is fun, characters are pretty memorable and not all that annoying, and the music is some of the best in the entire series. The fight theme is soooo caaatchy.

I almost bought it the other day myself, but I am still playing Dragon Age and God Of War 3 comes out very soon so it will have to wait until I am done that. Sounds promising though.

Is the combat and such similar to FF 12 at all?