"Viva Emptiness" VS "Materia" COVERS

carotapacioccia

I love Kebab&CocaCola
May 10, 2006
Hahahahha good observation :p

Maybe the little guys are relatives or something hjahaha... or the twin brother :p

Quite interesting, indeed.

First time I saw Materia's cover, I instaneously thought about this one:

B0009YNSG0.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

to me , nevermore touched the skies with "Dead earth in a dead world"
it was a very very beautifoul album...
One of my preferred NOT NOVEMBRE albums :worship:

indeed, DHIADW was great when it came out but I am still a big fan of Politics of Ecstazy, Enemies of Reality and This Godless Endeavor! In general all of their albums are good!

mmhhh...
I don't remember the title of the one with the face that was eating worms...
but that one wasn't as good as the others...

carotapacioccia said:
If Novembre are considered little brothers of Katatonia...

Don't you Think that the little Guy in the cover of the new Novembre's Album "Materia"

could be

the little brother of the girl in the cover of "Viva Emptiness" Album by Katatonia?

It is possible!
The girl on the cover of 'Viva Emptiness' is Travis Smith's daughter... maybe the child in the cover of 'Materia' is his son :D

We should ask Travis Smith.
If I well remember, the baby-girl on VE cover, it's her child.
Perhaps the baby-boy on MATERIA is another son for real, who knows... or just a relative.
I think that Travis released some of his best artworx for the last VE and TGCD of KatatoniA *
Tmrw I'll finally get my original copy of MATERIA and will have a look on his full artwork for Novembre.

* not to mention that I like a lot the front cover of NOVEMBRINE WALTZ...

FEDERICO said:
i think Novembre cover is more intensive and more beautiful than Katatonia one.

Totally agree. I think worn's attitude is more that of making katatonia more known in this forum than Novembre (which is quite difficult, given both band's exposure and perceived similarity), but anyways, It's so strange that 2 cd covers are similar when the artist who made them is the same one, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Oh well, why do I still bother...

I'm sorry my post was NOT to set a priority list

it was JUST to let u see a funny thing I saw ...

So Sorry for my ignorance , I didn't know about this Mr.Travis and so on...

Nothing more...

chill out dude, I am not trying to dispute which cover is better either, I've got my opinion, you've got yours, and so on. My message was about worn's message up there, but yeah, the artist who draw those covers is Travis Smith who also has a forum on UltimateMetal.

Yes. It's Geppeto staring at pinnochio. I've placed it about 1 year ago when I first heard the new album would contain a song called Geppeto, however I like it so much that I am not changing it back (maybe when I find a better replacement)

You guys are right. The boy on Novembre's cover is indeed the little brother of the girl on viva (although both photos were taken when they were the same ages) - however, these pics are not meant to be related (even though I do see some similarities after it being mentioned). I came into the November thing a bit late in the project and at that moment, the time was a bit short so they asked to see what ideas i might already have. I sent them over a few personal pieces, of which that was one. In the meantime they also had a more specific idea for artwork, which I tried to develop in the remaining time. They didn't feel that some of these were right for a cover (but some made it into the booklet), and they chose the one on the cover, after I adapted it a bit to fit into the theme better.

T